New NYC teachers 2014-2015!

Discussion in 'New Teachers' started by Bunnie, Aug 19, 2014.

1. sunshine24

sunshine24 Comrade

Aug 30, 2014

Whoa!! You had my kind of day lol. I love to shop!!

I'm glad that you were able to get in and out of the teacher store. I am with ya...I never leave with just one thing either. I end up with a cart full hahaha. Sounds like you had a good shoe shopping day too. I could use some shoes as well...I may head out later to check out Payless.
    I am dangerous in Kohls, especially when I have a 30% off coupon lol. I love that store...always have coupons, great sales, and such an easy shopping experience with returns and whatnot. I may have to hit that as well...uh-oh. I really need to curb my spending until some paychecks start flowing.

I am pretty much relaxing this weekend too. I have company coming over tomorrow for Labor Day which I am looking forward to. I would have loved to lesson plan, but I have not gotten any curriculum materials/teacher's edition of books, so I am at a stand-still with that. I do plan on writing out some 1st day procedural things that I want to go over and then I will plan some more after my meetings on Tuesday and Wednesday. I would like this to be the only time that I am behind with planning. I am such an overly organized and planning type of person that I really want to always be a week ahead with my plans.

2. Bunnie

Bunnie Devotee

Aug 30, 2014

I've never been a big kohls shopper. I went to purchase some cardigans. I left with 5 for like $70 I think. I also signed up for their card too hence the 30% off. Lol

I have to plan my first two days with procedures and routines and a few back to school activities. Generally I'm always planned by Thursday for the next week. I have to wait until Tuesday and Wednesday because I'm not entirely sure how things are going to be laid out time wise. Let's not forget that we can finally submit our paperwork on Tuesday. There's so much to do! Eek.

3. sunshine24

sunshine24 Comrade

Aug 30, 2014

As a cardholder, you will get tons of great coupons to use throughout the year at Kohls. Their coupons are really good with no restrictions.

I am hoping to speak with my payroll secretary on Tuesday to make sure that I am doing everything correctly. I submitted my salary step application, salary differential application and mailed my transcripts and direct deposit information. I am waiting for everything to finally get processed and get on payroll. I have to remember to get on a computer Tuesday to select the health plan. I cannot wait until we are all set up with everything!

4. Bunnie

Bunnie Devotee

Aug 30, 2014

Can you post a link to the direct deposit application you used?

5. sunshine24

sunshine24 Comrade

Aug 30, 2014

6. Bunnie

Bunnie Devotee

Aug 30, 2014

Yes it works, thanks!

7. Froreal3

Froreal3 Companion

Aug 31, 2014

^^^On Tuesday and Wednesday I will wear some jeans and a nice shirt, w/sandles or my flats. On Thursday, I will wear my pants/slacks w/my flats etc.

I'm tapped out on the shopping. I've bought so much stuff on TPT and at the dollar store. It's not even funny. I need this stuff for my room though, so most of these things are one time purchases. Between that, my clothes, and my own kid's supplies, I'm so over and done.

8. sunshine24

sunshine24 Comrade

Sep 1, 2014

I hear ya! I have spent approx. $650 on school supplies/things for classroom and another $400 on clothes for myself to get the year started! It's been crazy, but pretty standard from everyone I have been speaking too. They say the first year is really bad spending wise and now they spend $200-300 each year. Still a lot but nowhere near as bad, in my opinion.

I am completely done with shopping until I get some money coming in. I figure my whole first paycheck and maybe most of the second are pretty much gone (pay the bills for everything I have been buying).

As for tomorrow and Wednesday, I will probably wear something comfortable as well (either capris/jeans with tops or maybe a casual sundress with a sweater). My school is just so darn hot! I want to be comfortable, but also professional.

9. MissPapa

MissPapa Comrade

Sep 1, 2014

So who's ready for tomorrow?

Guys - make a list for parents so they can buy some supplies for their students. Goes a long way. I already spent $400 and people have told me not to spend a ton and get parents to buy. I bought supplies in only one sets just incase, like a box of glue and a pack of construction paper.

And I might have to make a pit stop to the DOE or the UFT office since I still need to do the salary differential (only did the salary step…and the library's computers wouldn't let me submit that application!!! I was at my friend's again whose boyfriend's computer worked, but he was in a really bad mood that I didn't wanna bother).

Oh and apparently I need to come in to pick up my ID. Seriously? I have no more time to keep going to the DOE, they're open till 5…so annoying. Maybe the lines once school starts will be smaller.

…yea, I'm frustrated.

10. MissPapa

MissPapa Comrade

Sep 1, 2014

Oh and Bunnie, your classroom looks great! I'll post pictures too once I'm completely done. I'm hoping to be completely done tomorrow since Friday became a beach day with my cousin.

And I wish my classroom had a rug :(

11. sunshine24

sunshine24 Comrade

Sep 1, 2014

I know my students were sent home with a supply list in the summer, so they are definitely bringing in classroom supplies. I figured that I would take stock of what they bring in and then see if we need anything else to start off.

I am hoping to speak to my payroll secretary about the salary stuff and the medical tomorrow. I also want to find out who the UFT leader is in my school and talk to them about signing up for the UFT Welfare Fund tomorrow or Wednesday (I think we can get the form from them). I also want to get onto ESS tomorrow to select my health plan, but need to find a computer that works with that site too, as mine does not...so annoying.

When I went to the DOE back in July to process my hiring paperwork, I took the photo for my ID and was told it couldn't be issued before the first date of employment. But, they said all you have to do is have your payroll secretary fax them a letter with your info and then they will mail it to your school. Ask you payroll secretary...it beats having to go to the DOE.

As for tomorrow, I am excited but a little nervous. I am not too sure of what to expect and I want to make sure to get all of the correct info. I still have not planned anything, so I am hoping to get my curriculum materials tomorrow as well and speak to the other teachers on my grade to see what they are planning to do for the first 2 days and to see how they set up the planning for next week. I hope you all have great first days!!

12. Bunnie

Bunnie Devotee

Sep 1, 2014

Miss Papa: um my rug is FLITHY!!!!!!! I asked my P about shampooing it and she said that since it's so gross it'll most likely be replaced. I'll find out tomorrow or Wednesday I guess. I can't wait to see your pics too!!!

As for the ID, yeah give that paper you got from the guy who took your pic and give it to the payroll sec. It'll get mailed to the school. Save yourself a trip down there.

I already planned for the first 2 days, it's procedural "fun stuff". It's just an outline with no real lesson plans. I started on next week's plans but don't want to finish them until I know what's really going on. Funny enough as I was typing this I got an email outlining what we are doing for the 2 PD days. So I'm glad I didn't spend a crazy amount of time planning as things are still up no clearly concrete.

I gotta get all my stuff together and packed up for tomorrow. I'm not gonna lie when I say I'm going to wake up at like 5:30am to see if the system is up and running. That's if I'm not asleep by midnight. Because I'm checking then if I'm awake.

I wish you ladies the best of luck tomorrow. I know we are going to be running around these next 4 days getting everything set up and putting the finishing touches. I will try and check back, but I anticipate some craziness to happen and time not to be had. So I promise that on Friday or Saturday a full account of things will be shared with you all.

So again good luck, we made it! Tomorrow we become official DOE employees!!!!! :woot::celebrate:

13. MissPapa

MissPapa Comrade

Sep 1, 2014

Sunshine:I'm pumped. I'd rather feel that way than nervous. I have ideas for Thursday and Friday. Pretty much tying in learning about the rules and procedures through fun activities (for example, I made a chart on how to be a good listener…I will go over the chart, review with them, and then do a read-aloud of a book to test their listening skills).

That's a good idea, I'll ask the payroll secretary tomorrow, they come back tomorrow. And my computer looks kinda old…maybe I can do my salary differential at my school.

My curriculum materials are probably locked in my closet lol I will get the key tomorrow.

Okay…back to making charts! And looking up other ideas...

14. MissPapa

MissPapa Comrade

Sep 1, 2014

Bunnie: I have a Welcome back breakfast and a 1 hour meeting, and then the rest of the day I set up tomorrow. Tuesday I have 2 hours to set up and then I have PDs the rest of the day.

The procedural "fun stuff", yup, doing that too!

I'm waking up at 6…even though my school is close. I'm going to try to get there early, before the breakfast.

Good luck everyone!!!!

15. sunshine24

sunshine24 Comrade

Sep 1, 2014

Yea, I know I have to do procedures, rules, etc but I am guessing I don't need full lesson plans for the first 2 days. I am going to ask around tomorrow and then outline some stuff. I also want to know what is expected of my lesson plans, so that I can get started on next week's work.

I still haven't gotten any kind of itinerary for the next 2 days. All I know is that there is some breakfast tomorrow morning before the official report time. I am jealous of your wake up times lol...I will be getting up at 4:30! I need to leave the house at 6am and want to be there for 7am. I am hoping to adjust my wake-up time next week after seeing how traffic and parking goes this week.

I am going to try and get some info from the payroll secretary before going any further. I want to make sure that I have been doing everything correctly so far and then I will see if I can use a school computer to access ESS. Also, I am hoping to get my laptop tomorrow so I can hook up the Smartboard too. My desktop in the room also needs to be hooked up...I am tech challenged so I don't know how to do it.

I wish you all luck as we start this journey...still cannot believe it's actually happening lol! Enjoy the next few days and I hope that we all get to catch up by the weekend!!

16. jteach89

jteach89 Companion

Sep 1, 2014

Tomorrow its official!! I have a mixture of feelings between excited, and anxious. Still planning my first day for my Prek kids and trying to "play it out in my head" lol. But I once I KNOW exactly what im working with, in terms of the materials I would have, then I'd feel a little more confident for the first day. I am also planning some procedural things, but also thinking to myself I don't want to keep them on the rug too long, and just letting them explore. Have any of you met your mentor teacher yet? Tomorrow will be the first time I meet the other teachers. I will definitely come on here and let you guys know how my first day with the staff and students goes! :)

17. Bunnie

Bunnie Devotee

Sep 1, 2014

4:30? Yikes!! I actually have to be up between 5:30-6 and out the door by 6:30 to be at my school by 7:40ish. My start time is 8:00.

18. MissPapa

MissPapa Comrade

Sep 1, 2014

By mass transit, it takes me about 30 minutes (especially since my bus to the train can be tricky during morning rush hour…I try to get on the bus before it gets super crowded!) The breakfast starts at 7:30 so I am leaving at probably 6:45, RIGHT before it gets hectic…I'm coming in with chart paper so I don't need the crowd! I normally go to work early anyway to set up my day and relax a bit before the kiddies start swarming in!!!! I need to make a pit stop to CVS anyway, I forgot to get sanitary wipes…need to wipe my classroom clean!

I am excited to meet my co-workers! Especially those who are on my floor/grade so I'll know who to turn to if I need help with some matters :D

19. Bunnie

Bunnie Devotee

Sep 1, 2014

Yeah my commute is about an hour. My school starts at 8:00 but since I have to ride the horrible 4,5,6 line the more time I give myself the better. Leaving at 6:30 is great because the bus to the train is less crowded. Come 7am it's ridiculous. But only when college is in session I've noticed.

I'm carrying a huge book bag and lunch bag with me tomorrow, so I know people on the crowded trains are going to hate me. Oh well I can be a nasty New Yorker if needed. Lol

I met most of my coworkers already, and they are kinda separating new teachers and returning ones for half of the day tomorrow. I will get time with my grade level team and my department (yay ELA!) to plan tomorrow so I'm excited about that.

Going in earlier I hope to sit and laminate or label some things, until our official meeting starts.

I'm so not tired! I need to sleep! Ok I'm getting off. Lol

20. Bunnie

Bunnie Devotee

Sep 1, 2014

I must add, I was so used to waking up at 6:30 last year and leaving by 7:15 to be at work exactly at 8. My last school was sooo much closer and in the same borough. But well you know I was only a sub there. Lol

21. MissPapa

MissPapa Comrade

Sep 1, 2014

Yup I can't sleep! Plus I've been prepping a lot so gahhh.

I used to get up at 5:30 and leave at like 6:15 to 6:30, to get to the school at around 7:40. The bus gets crowded because it runs to a major train (B & Q, an express stop). So I'm definitely coming to work early regardless!

And thankfully I still have the papers when I went to get my photo taken for the DOE! I actually read the paper, it says that a hiring personnel has to fax a letter before they can release it. So in other news, DOE TELLS ME TO PICK IT UP when it wasn't even authorized yet!!! I'm gonna ask the secretary if they can mail it because I'm done with their flakey answers!

The only way I'm going to the DOE tomorrow is if I can't do my salary differential at my school or at the UFT.

Okay I'm out for real. Good luck everyone!!!!

22. MissPapa

MissPapa Comrade

Sep 2, 2014

Well, my day isn't starting out right. I woke up feeling nauseous. Hopefully I feel better as the day goes through…I actually am taking car service since I am in no mood to carry things on a crowded bus, plus running late since I'm not feeling that great. I should be there on time with car, but still.

Who knew…my very first day and I feel sick...

23. Froreal3

Froreal3 Companion

Sep 2, 2014

Yeah... Excited and not excited all at once.

Still have not received any curriculum materials. I also need to finish up my room. I have a crap ton of stuff to do. At least the majority of the day will be in our rooms.

24. sunshine24

sunshine24 Comrade

Sep 2, 2014

MissPapa: Hope you are feeling better!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for my first day, it was good but so hot! Unfortunately, my school did not give us time to work on our classrooms. Instead, we had PD and planning all day. It was good in the sense that I met a lot of people and learned a lot, but it was completely overwhelming. I am hoping to get time in my room tomorrow as there are some things I need to add/change that I was unaware of last week.

I am excited to actually have a job and have waited so long for this, but today left me feeling uneasy :( After seeing and hearing of everything that needs to get done, I realized I need 30 hours in a day lol. I guess I just need to get on a schedule and things will start flowing more naturally once I get into the swing of it. But right now, I feel so totally overwhelmed that I don't know where to begin. Today was just a lot of info in a short period of time.

Also, I tried signing up for both the health coverage and the UFT welfare fund and could not do either one. They both say I am not eligible...WTF?! I did not see my payroll secretary today at all, but really hope to see her tomorrow to make sure that I am on payroll and that there are no problems. I just don't get it because I received the email today again about signing up, but yet I couldn't when I logged in. I tried calling HR at lunch and had a 2 hour wait...couldn't wait that long. Then I tried calling again at 4:30 and was disconnected saying that there is a high call volume and to call back tomorrow. OMG so frustrating! Did anyone else have a problem signing up?

25. Bunnie

Bunnie Devotee

Sep 2, 2014

Miss Papa: I hope you are feeling better!

Froreal: I feel that excited/not excited feeling too

Sunshine: yes, all the information thrown at us is definitely overwhelming. But I do know that it is going to be fine. My P was like I know it's a lot I'm not expecting the new teachers to use/implement everything all at once.

I'm going to see about logging into Payroll Portal now, I never got to even see my payroll secretary today!!!

Tomorrow it's all day in our rooms, however different people need to sit with me for different reasons, not to mention lots of things to roll out.

I'm exhausted. I'm eating dinner, printing out something's, maybe updating my lessons for Thursday and Friday and calling it a night.

26. Bunnie

Bunnie Devotee

Sep 2, 2014

Btw, Direct Deposit and Wageworks through the Payroll Portal, very easy!!!

I can't access NYCAPS to change my address through, guess I'll be calling HR Connect tomorrow to fix that. I'm hoping my transcripts come in by Thursday so Friday afternoon I can hand in my salary step app and get it over with.

27. sunshine24

sunshine24 Comrade

Sep 2, 2014

Yes, I am thinking that the first few weeks will be madness for me. But, I am hoping to have a routine down in a couple of weeks and to be a week ahead with my planning so I don't feel rushed. Right now, I need to plan everything so I feel crazy lol. I would like to establish a routine of planning and prepping during my preps and lunches, so that I do not have to bring much home with me. I am the type of person to get things done early in the day. Once late afternoon rolls around, I don't want to do much.

I do not know tomorrow's agenda, but am hoping to be in my room for most, if not all, of the day. They didn't tell me about some things for the room so now I need to get it done ASAP.

I didn't see my payroll secretary at all today either, but hopefully I will see her tomorrow. I have so many questions.

I, too, am exhausted. I brought home some books with me to look through for planning, but I didn't have the energy for anything but skimming them. Tomorrow's another day....

Get some well deserved rest. Good luck tomorrow.

28. MissPapa

MissPapa Comrade

Sep 2, 2014

I was at my school until 6pm.

And tomorrow I have PD all day till 3.

I'm still not finished. I'm planning on coming early to get stuff done, and probably get stuff done after PD. Gotta finish before the kids come! I'm doing labels at home (door labels, closet labels, their names for the word wall, labels for the room, etc.) Get a good amount done.

In other news, my staff and administration have been very welcoming and helpful all day. Was even given lunch because I've been powering through setting up my classroom!

My payroll secretary was in today, I should probably ask her about applying for UFT.

Crazy day.

Good luck tomorrow!

29. Froreal3

Froreal3 Companion

Sep 2, 2014

I tried to log on this morning, however it continued to say that message about September. Then I tried to go on just now; I can't even log on! :mad:

30. MissPapa

MissPapa Comrade

Sep 3, 2014

So my secretary was saying that no one could apply for UFT insurance until today (another new teacher was with me for the same inquiry, she tried applying yesterday), being that we are now in the system. I got my hard copy but I'll try to apply online. Try again!

Got out at 6pm again, because I had PD and the only time I was able to work on my room was during lunch time (very little was done…) and after 2:30. Let's just say the room is safe enough for kids to come in. Looks great too, but needs some finishing touches and a good sweep. Going to do that tomorrow early before I pick the kids up.

So nervous!!!!

31. Bunnie

Bunnie Devotee

Sep 3, 2014

We can apply for UFT insurance online? My payroll secretary gave us a new hire folder with all sorts of docs. I have yet to meet with her as today I was busy in my room.

Here's the updated link to my classroom pics! It's as good as it'll get for now. Lol

https://www.flickr.com/photos/21680086@N03/

Good luck tomorrow everyone!!! We made it!!

32. sunshine24

sunshine24 Comrade

Sep 3, 2014

Well, I had no time for classroom set-up at all over the last 2 days. My school did 2 full days of PD and meetings and no set-up. We would get done at 3pm and the school closed at 3:30. So, as you can imagine, I pretty much got nothing accomplished.
    I did go in an hour early the last 2 days and will do so again tomorrow morning to clean up a bit before the kids come in. My room look good and is presentable, but I still have massive amounts of stuff to go through, sort, and put out. But, if I do a bit each day, I should be done by the end of next week or the beginning of the following week :(

I tried to access the UFT online form for the welfare fund again and am still getting a message that says: you are not eligible at this time. I saw my payroll secretary today, but very briefly. All she said was she would be contacting me this week to go over some stuff. She was very busy (understandable) and I didn't even get the chance to ask about signing up for benefits. If I do not hear anything from her by Friday at lunch, I will definitely seek her out. I don't want to head into the weekend without some information and answers.

Good Luck to everyone tomorrow! I am excited to meet my very first group of students, but also a little nervous about how the day will go.

33. nycteachertobe

nycteachertobe Rookie

Sep 3, 2014

Hi everyone!

Fellow NYC'er, specifically in the Bronx! Funny, I made this username a long time ago, back when I was still in the process of becoming a teacher.

I'm an 8th grade self-contained teacher. I've followed this post for a few days now and decided to post! I'm more of a lurker lol. My school has assigned me 2 amazing Paras that helped tremendously the past 2 days. Unfortunately, I'm the ONLY 1st year teacher at my school so I'm trying to learn everything as soon as possible because it's so easy to get left behind...!

So with me teaching in the self contained setting, I'll be teaching all 4 subjects. To say I'm overwhelmed would be an understatement. I managed to get into SESIS (for their IEPs) and came to find out that my kids are on 1st-5th grade reading and math levels. I received some of my curriculum materials today and as I looked through it, I began to wonder how in the WORLD am I going to modify this 8th grade curriculum enough, when most of my students are on 2nd-3rd reading level?

So scary!

I still haven't found someone I'm 100% comfortable talking to at my school about my worries. I haven't met with my mentor, we've both been so busy. Maybe I'll reach out to my kids 6th grade teacher--their 7th grade teacher either got excessed or left because she couldn't handle them (I've heard both stories!!!).

34. MissPapa

MissPapa Comrade

Sep 3, 2014

Nice Bunnie! Your "before" version of your room was a lot better than mine. Mine looked like a hurricane hit it! Plus I had a ton of boxes all over my room to sort through, we started this new ELA program (Core Knowledge, lots of books…let's just say a lot of my storage got used up…)

nycteachertobe: I have ESL kids. The fact that I might have kids who can't even speak English will be scary! (I'm kindergarten, there's a huge chance!) Hopefully the ESL teacher for Kindergarten will help me, she's been talking to me and helping me out like crazy.

And I'm just going to hand in my filled form to my secretary…since she gave me it.

Here's to hoping I don't stay till 6 again! Like I said, I still got finishing touches…I'll take pictures either before the kids arrive or after they go home since we gotta stay till 3.

Best of luck to everyone!!!!

35. sunshine24

sunshine24 Comrade

Sep 3, 2014

Welcome! I certainly know how you feel with getting left behind with all of the information. I really feel like we had no guidance for this whole onboarding process and trying to get the right information is near impossible. This is a great thread though because we are all on the same page and we relay some info and ideas :)

It sounds like you are in for a stressful, but rewarding year. I know the work will be crazy for you, but I am sure you will really help these kids and see the gains they make at the end of the year. I would suggest speaking to some of their previous teachers and seeking out your mentor. They can probably guide you to some better resources.

Good luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MissPapa: That is true. I may seek out my UFT leader and ask for the hard copy paperwork...I would really prefer it over technology. Do you happen to know if the regular health benefits can be done this way too? I think I heard it can only be done on ESS, but maybe I misheard?

36. Bunnie

Bunnie Devotee

Sep 3, 2014

Regular health benefits will have to be done and given to the payroll sec so she can fax it the HR.

WELCOME nyteachertobe!!! Are there any other new teachers in your building, so you don't feel so alone? There's about 10 of us newbies and it's been great that we all connected before school started. I'm in the Bronx too as well.

I plan to go home "early" tomorrow. Meaning no later than 4pm.

37. Froreal3

Froreal3 Companion

Sep 4, 2014

Show time folks! I could not feel any less prepared. I am about to walk into school now to get some last minute stuff done. Lol Good luck to all!

38. sunshine24

sunshine24 Comrade

Sep 4, 2014

Well, we survived through the first day! Only 181 more to go...lol.

My day went ok. It was very stressful and at times confusing, but the students seem nice. Although, they do seem like a chatty bunch. Collecting supplies and putting things away seemed never-ending and not everyone bought everything in yet. I did manage to get through some rules and procedures and we did a fun icebreaking game that the students seemed to enjoy.

My schedule tomorrow is pretty hectic so it will be more of the same (supplies, some "housekeeping" procedures that we didn't make it to today, and maybe a back to school writing piece. Real lessons probably wont start until Monday...thank god!

I spoke to my payroll secretary today and she said to give ESS and UFT benefits a few more days. She said there is so much happening right now on the systems, that things take a bit longer to process. I will try again tonight and tomorrow. If nothing by Monday, I am going to ask her for paperwork and ask my UFT leader for paperwork to get both things sent it ASAP.

I left at 2:20 today...I was so incredibly hot that I just had to get out of there. Depending on what I get done tomorrow morning and during my prep and lunch, I may leave 2:20 as well, but you never know.

So, how was everyone's first day?

39. Bunnie

Bunnie Devotee

Sep 4, 2014

How was everyone's first day?

Mine was pretty good, the kids were pretty well behaved. The only real trouble I had is working out the dynamic with my co teacher. It was a little hard since I'm pretty dominate teacher and used to teaching by myself. He was also trying to be dominate at certain key points and it just wasn't meshing well. It's his first year vs my many years so I can see setting the tone, but we have to find something that works. We can definitely iron out the kinks. Co teaching is like a marriage. Lol

And my feet are killing me!!!! Not sure if it's the shoes or just me not used to being on my feet all day after a lazy summer. Lol

40. Bunnie

Bunnie Devotee

Sep 4, 2014

I spoke to my payroll sec today too. She told me to look online for the UFT benefits and get the paperwork for that online. My medical is easy and I'm hanging that in tomorrow. She also showed me the TRS forms but she was like do some research online about it and then we can go over it next week for me to sign up.

I signed up for Wageworks too. MissPapa I know you take the train/bus. You should sign up!

Sunshine I could have left at 2:20 but I hung around and did some work only because my room as AC. I would have hightailed it out of there too without the AC it was just too hot in other places in the school. Waiting for the kids to arrive in the auditorium this morning was torture!!! Lol