New mystery show Harper's Island

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Echo, Apr 3, 2009.

1. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jun 20, 2009

It has to be either: The Sheriff or Booth.

There were three groups: the sheriff, Jimmy and Shane, and everyone else.

I don't think it's the sheriff; Jimmy and Shane were together when the cops were shot; everyone else was together.

So... I'm going with Booth faked his death. For now, anyway :lol:

2. Lindsnh

Lindsnh Companion

Jun 20, 2009

I know what you mean.....Now I am thinking it is not Henry like I thought a few minutes ago

3. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jun 20, 2009

JIMMY!

If the show is kind, he's not dead. I love Jimmy. He can be a murderer, just not dead :lol:

4. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jun 20, 2009

What. The. Heck.

What do they mean, "one killer" will be revealed? I thought there was ONLY ONE?

5. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jun 20, 2009

Ok, it's over....I'm speechless :dizzy:

6. Lindsnh

Lindsnh Companion

Jun 20, 2009

Yeah me too....and if the only killer is Wakefield that is disappointing to me...I was hoping it was one of the group.

7. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jun 20, 2009

I think I have it figured out. I hate waiting a whole week for the next episode! :mad:

PS-I wanted to smack that little girl when she admitted that she lied about the Sheriff taking her!!

8. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jun 20, 2009

It makes no sense. The network said ONE KILLER and the forum director on Harper's Globe said ONE KILLER from the 25.

Either the preview was designed to fake us out... or someone dropped the ball.

I don't think it's Jimmy (too obvious to give us the answer int he preview)... but I do NOT want to wait until next week!!!!!

9. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jun 20, 2009

Ok...did you see the previews for next week? It kind of gives it away. Wakefield is in cahoots with someone (out of the 25). Maybe his "child".

10. Mrs. Q

Mrs. Q Cohort

Jun 21, 2009

Okay, first, I'm so happy Jimmy lived! :)

But. I, too, will be really angry if they "fooled" us and the killer is actually Wakefield. I will be likewise upset if there are actually two killers, when they said there's only one.

I don't think Jimmy is in on it at all -- too obvious from the preview. Plus, he was with Shane when the cops were killed, right?

I hope Cal doesn't die.. I kinda liked him.

11. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jun 21, 2009

I felt so bad for Cal!!

12. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Jun 21, 2009

I think that Wakefield's child will be helping him - he had to have had help-the island isn't that small!

I am kind of thinking now that it's Booth, his body did disappear right? And he will be Abby's long lost half-brother. I also am glad Jimmy lived, I think it's strange though that Wakefield let him live, he kind of had the Sheriff already, why would he make a deal. When Abby turned and saw him at the end I was actually talking to the screen - shoot him!

Does anyone know how many epidsodes are left? I know it was a little mini-series.

13. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jun 21, 2009

I think 3 or 4 episodes are left.

14. Mrs. Q

Mrs. Q Cohort

Jun 21, 2009

There's an episode next week, then no episode on July 4th, then the finale is actually 2 episodes, so it's 2 hours long.

A lot of people at Harper's Globe.com seem to think that Booth is still alive. His is the only death that was really bizarre and questionable. He was such a minor character, but I think it's still possible. Also, the director (or someone) said in an interview that a lot of people will ask "Who's that?" when the killer is revealed -- if it's Booth, I could see tha thappening.

15. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

Jun 28, 2009

Not Chloe and Cal! I was so hoping they made it!:(

16. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jun 28, 2009

I know!!! I felt so bad.

I'm bummed that there is no episode next week but I can't wait for the 2 hour finale. I haven't been keeping up too much with Harper's Globe because Robin is just annoying and I can't see how it all fits together. Maybe I will read some comments posted on there and see if it makes any sense. Something is definitely up with Jimmy since he seems so sinister in the previews but it could definitely be someone else like Booth. I don't know how I'm going to last 2 weeks until the final episode. I just want to know already!!

17. Mrs. Q

Mrs. Q Cohort

Jun 28, 2009

I'm really just completely disappointed that Wakefield has been doing all the killings. I feel like it wasn't as big of a mystery as they said it would be and I almost don't care who his accomplice is. I'll watch the finale, of course, but it's going to have to be really big to make up for the Wakefield thing, IMO.

The Chloe & Cal scene was really sad... they were the first ones that they really made you feel bad for. :(

TeacherNY - the people at Harper's Globe have kinda given up, too, because Wakefield is the killer. There doesn't seem to be any logical connection between HG and HI - yet - but I really hope there's something shocking in the finale that ties it all together.

18. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jun 28, 2009

I'm with Mrs. Q - I really feel let down with the whole Wakefield thing. And I agree - it has to be a HUGE shock to get me back on the train.

Harper's Globe - well, same thing. Not so much of a mystery anymore. I really thought the story lines might merge a bit more.

But here I go anyway, with my newest theories that are sure to be wrong :)

- Sully: He kind looks like Wakefield, so if they are playing up the "child of Wakefield" thing, it would work. Plus, we don't know how old he is.
    - Henry: He's two years older than Abby & Co, so he *could* be the kid. But the producer warned us that it'll be shocking (won't rant, won't rant), so probably not. He's the favorite on the forum.
    - Jimmy: Can't be Wakefield's kid, he's 2 months older than Abby. Seems like a red herring with the previews and such. However, for a double-whammy... the Sheriff knew there was a walkie, and he might have been instructed to say that Abby and Jimmy should be together. Perhaps a perverse way of getting her back? Also unaccounted for for a lot of the "day"
    - Shea: I'm feeling it more and more. She always stops Madison when someone's talking to her. She's 9 years older than Trish. What if SHE'S having/has had an affair with Wakefield sometime in the last 7 years? Don't think she'll die. TV doesn't like orphaned kids.
    - Danny: Don't see it, though he may die soon. Poor Danny.
    - Trish: I don't think she's the killer and I do think she will die in the finale. Why else get her in a wedding dress if not for a horrific death scene?
    - Abby: If they pull out some split-personality crap and she's been killing people, I will have officially lost ALL faith in the show.
    - Madison: So cute. So creepy. Hope she doesn't need too much therapy.

19. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Jun 28, 2009

I still think it will be someone who was supposed to be dead and isn't. It didn't bother me that Wakefield was the killer, I just wish they would have gone into more detail on how he survived and why the Sheriff covered it up and said he was dead.

When Chloe was on the bridge I was literally yelling at my TV screen - Run!. I can't believe she jumped - I thought it was a really cool stunt the way she fell-it looked like she really did it herself. I can't remember being sucked into a tv show like this in years - I really look forward to watching.

20. Mrs. Q

Mrs. Q Cohort

Jun 28, 2009

Chebrutta - I'm with you on pretty much everything!!

-I really hope Jimmy's a red herring. He would have motive to get back at Abby, b/c she left him I guess, and he's had plenty of opportunity. But then there would be no Wakefield's child-tie.
    -Sully's an option, like you said. Henry too, but he's way too obvious, I think. I'll be disappointed if it's Henry.
    -I too think it's REALLY strange that Shea will *never* let anyone talk to Madison for more than 2 minutes. Surely there's a reason??
    -I'm pretty sure Danny will die early in the finale. And Trish will die too, I think.
    -Abby - I agree with you. Surely she's not a deranged killer? Another really disappointing, but possible, option.

And Madison is a freak, IMO. lol. She creeps me out to no end... and I'm annoyed that she keeps lying, she's old enough to "get" what's going on. Another reason I think it's possible that Shea's involved...

We'll see, but I really think we're probably going to all be let down in a couple of weeks. :(

21. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jun 28, 2009

You know, I remembered that in an early episode, Trish tells Shea "Everyone knows you have a perfect life..." and Shea didn't say anything. NO ONE has a perfect life. We still haven't found out what Shea's secret it... dun dun dunnnnnnn!

22. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Jul 10, 2009

I just realized the 2 hour finale is tomorrow, right? (I have trouble remember what day it is today on summer vacation :)). I'm excited to finally find out the mystery. I don't usually look forward to tv shows like this, I'm going to miss it when it's over.

23. Mrs. Q

Mrs. Q Cohort

Jul 10, 2009

Yep, it's tomorrow!! :D

24. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jul 10, 2009

I can't wait for the finale! I am on another message board and the people are speculating like mad. Someone even said that Wakefield's "child" and the 2nd killer might not even be the same person! I just really want to know already! The suspense is killing me!

25. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2009

I can't wait!!! I somehow even got a morning shift a work, so I'll be able to watch!!

26. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jul 11, 2009

27. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2009

LOL... he is!

I'm at home tonight & ready to be shocked. Have chicken wings for snacking, blanket for hiding under, and hope that they can knock my socks off!

28. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jul 11, 2009

I'm all ready! I told my husband not to bother me for the next 2 hours and to ignore me if I start screaming at the tv LOL

29. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jul 11, 2009

I am FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

30. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2009

TeacherNY, I *knew* you'd be here!

I'm freaking, too!!! And I had to hide under the blanket!!!

Hope my neighbors don't call the cops. I screamed at the end.

31. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jul 11, 2009

I HATE COMMERCIALS !!!

32. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2009

OH! OH! OH! SNAP!

Oh, hurry up, Central Time Zone peeps!! HURRY UP!!

33. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jul 11, 2009

All I can say is :eek:

I don't want to give away anything for people who havn't seen it yet but...:dizzy:

34. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Jul 11, 2009

wtf...just...wtf...

35. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jul 11, 2009

That about sums it up!!! :woot:

36. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2009

And a couple of "gaaaah!"s...

and is it too soon to say I want to do this all over again?

37. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jul 11, 2009

Ok, I hope I can sleep tonight. I am so wound up lol

38. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

Jul 11, 2009

oh. wow.

39. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 12, 2009

Can some PM me what happened?

40. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Jul 12, 2009

I absolutely loved the ending! And I thought the actor did a really good job going evil and all. I was ready to be disappointed, but I really liked it. The scene with him and Trish actually had me on the edge of my seat.

It comes out on DVD in a couple of months, I might have to watch it again sans commercials!