New Math TEKS 6th grade

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Teachling, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Aug 5, 2015

I'm teaching math among everything else this year and need to become quickly familiarize with the new standards. I've already downloaded focus documents, TEKS, unpacking math TEKS docs, 2015 released test questions, etc.. Now what I'm missing is actual math practice work that reflect the new TEKS. Any books, web sites, reference materials that are out there that offer actual practice? I appreciate your ideas.

3. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Aug 5, 2015

New math books were adopted last year. Do you have access to a textbook?

I use TEKSas Target Practice and Target the Question from Lonestar Learning for extra practice in addition to our adoption.

4. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Aug 5, 2015

No none so far. I hope they have thought of getting textbooks for my grade level. It's the first time this school will have six grade.

5. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Aug 5, 2015

When you are up working on your room, pop in the P or AP's office and ask about textbooks. They need get to get on the ball!

There are some things with the new TEKS for third on TPT but I don't know about sixth. You may have to purchase some things to get you started.

I had a year where I had absolutely nothing for math and had to create every single problem or find random stuff on the internet. That's so time consuming!

6. Coco89

Coco89 New Member

Aug 5, 2015

"4mulafun" and "route 22 educational" on TPT have very good bundles for the new standards. i wish they had those available last year