New low

Discussion in 'General Education' started by urban teacher, Jun 30, 2020.

1. urban teacher

urban teacher Rookie

Jun 30, 2020

I started at a new district last year. Long story, they had no teacher for several years. I resigned right as Covid hit. Rescinded my resignation 1 month later but school had hired someone so I'm without a position. District has this policy that forced transfers have to wait in a meeting to request another position. I've been waiting 4 1/2 hours on Zoom knowing that special education is needed. This is considered a way to retain teachers?

3. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Jun 30, 2020

But they let you rescind your resignation, so this is a matter of them finding a spot for you? Honestly, I've never worked somewhere that would allow you "un-resign" a month later, or even a day later, with the expectation of the old job being available, or even considering trying to find you a different job in the district. If you really need the job, be grateful that you are being given the chance to request another position, no matter how long you are on Zoom. Read a book, write some letters, browse on different website's with your phone, fix some lunch after turning the volume up high, call family members and catch up, watch tv, and the list goes on. Mostly be grateful that you don't work in the kind of district that takes quitting so seriously that you would never work there again. You have a lot to be grateful for.

4. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jul 13, 2020 at 8:12 AM

I think you're very fortunate that they let you rescind your resignation to begin with. They could have told you tough luck and get lost.