New kindergarten teacher they hired in June just quit

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by zoey'smom, Aug 11, 2010.

1. zoey'smom

zoey'smom Cohort

Aug 11, 2010

So I was all set to work with another teacher and teach kindergarten in the morning and preschool in the afternoon. I have been meeting with this other teacher off and on all summer. She was going to do math and I was going to the language arts. Now I found out today she quit because she didn't think she could handle 21 kindergarteners. School starts on the 24th. Now I am worried what is going to happen. I have two classrooms ready to go and another classroom that was going to be the other teacher's room, filled with a lot of my personal things I was letting the other teacher use. I am hoping to find out tomorrow.

3. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Aug 11, 2010

I am sure there are 100 other teachers just jumping at the chance for a job.

4. teachgrade5

teachgrade5 Comrade

Aug 11, 2010

Be thankful she decided she couldn't handle it now and not in December!

5. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Aug 11, 2010

I agree, better that she decided it now rather than mid year. Although I do have to wonder why anyone would become el ed certified, interview for a Kinder job, accept it and then decide she can't do it because there will be 21 students.

I'm sure you'll have a replacement soon though.

6. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Aug 11, 2010

I'm at 32 right now. I would LOVE to have 21! Hopefully someone new will be hired who will be great!

7. TeacherApr

TeacherApr Groupie

Aug 11, 2010

wow...."can't handle 21 kids" seriously? What a flake. I'm assuming she broke a contract....? I agree, there are TONS of other teachers who will jump at the chance for a job!

8. zoey'smom

zoey'smom Cohort

Aug 11, 2010

She was a teacher's aide for the last three years in our school district. She was great. They ended up letting go most of our aides, but they then offered her this job. She was already worried about not having any math workbooks. She is an older teacher and she even says she does better with smaller groups. I know there are a lot of teachers that would love to have this job. I am also glad she decided now and not later. I hope they don't wait to long to fill the position.

9. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Aug 11, 2010

WOW!!! That must have been surprising for all of you!!!