New Job! Too soon for so many questions?

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by christine89, Jun 20, 2011.

1. christine89

christine89 Companion

Jun 20, 2011

Hi!
    I just accepted a teaching job for a combined preschool/kindergarten class. This is my first teaching job and this type of classroom is new to the school. My contract was just approved by the school board and I have TONS of questions! I'm eager to know a lot about the curriculum, DIBELS testing, and so much more! Is it too soon to ask all these questions? Also, I've been in contact with the superintendent more than my school principal. Would my questions be more directed toward the principal? I know there will be time to find things out closer to the school year, but I want to be familiar with as much as I can be before then since the end of my summer will be a little crazy with moving and such. So am I being too eager in wanting to know so much right now?

3. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Jun 20, 2011

Contact the principal and ask if you can arrange a meeting to pick up curriculum guides. This will allow you to ask some of your questions,and get a copy of the curriculum so you can explore it over the summer.

Congrats on your new job! :)

4. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jun 20, 2011

Congrats! This is an exciting time and no it is not too soon to have lots of questions! That is the excitement and nerves of your first teaching job.

I would highly suggest reviewing your state standards and making lists of what the kids need to master. Figure out how you will teach each one and assess each one.

Ask the principal for any copies of curriculum guides, teacher's editions, testing that they do to assess students, etc. Once you have these, many questions will be answered and you'll have many more specific questions to answer.