New Job 08-09 :D

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by corps2005, Feb 9, 2008.

1. corps2005

corps2005 Cohort

Feb 9, 2008

Hi everyone, :)

Well, earlier today I went to a job fair near my house. I couldn't believe the number of applicants, and my legs and arms felt like rubberbands....or maybe jell-o...which one is worse? just wouldn't stop shaking. I tried to keep still by holding my portfolio tighter, but that just made the portfolio shake. :p

But the great news is I was offered a contract within fifteen minutes, and the atmosphere of the school seems very welcoming. The principal gave me a hug after I accepted the position. I'm soooo excited!!!

I want to thank you guys for giving me advice on my cover letter, resume, and interview questions. It helped a lot. I could see that they appreciated some of the questions I was asking. You guys really helped me prepare for this, so I just wanted to thank you all. :)

Yay!!! :love:

3. Maithal

Maithal Cohort

Feb 9, 2008

Congratulations!!!!!!! :) :)

What grade will you be teaching???

4. Budaka

Budaka Cohort

Feb 9, 2008

Ya! Congratulations!

5. corps2005

corps2005 Cohort

Feb 9, 2008

Thank you so much. :) I feel like I am floating on air right now!

The principal offered me a 1st grade position, and K-2 is exactly what I love the most. :) :angel: I really love the young ones. I think it's the fact that I get to see so much growth, as they move from being dependent on me to becoming independent.

I already told my current principal that I was considering leaving the system. On Monday, I will have to tell her that I have accepted a position in another school district. It's going to be a very sad moment. :( I hope I won't ruin my makeup. :( I truly did enjoy my time there, but our school is supposed to close this year.

I think the hardest part will be telling my students and my parents (parents of the children). I think I will wait until May to do that. I don't want to upset them right now.

But now I get to know the children living in my own community. I'm so excited!!!

a woot woot a wootie toot toot!

6. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Feb 9, 2008

Congrats!!

7. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Feb 9, 2008

How exciting! :)

Will you be teaching in a public school? Will you have a chance to tour the school before next year? Do you get to continue living where you currently live?

8. corps2005

corps2005 Cohort

Feb 9, 2008

Yay! I am so excited that people are excited with me! :D

It is a Title 1 public school, and I had a chance today to take a short, independent tour of the first and second grade hallway; however, my tour was cut short because the Saturday program was over. I didn't want to hold anyone up solely on my account. The principal was still at the job fair, and only the people who ran the program were at the school.

And *drums rolling* the school is located within 3.5 miles of my house!!!!

9. corps2005

corps2005 Cohort

Feb 9, 2008

P.S. I posted a thank you letter on the job forum. Would a couple of people take a looksie and tell me what you think? I was going to email it first today. Then, tomorrow put it into the mail as well. Good idea?

10. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Feb 9, 2008

CONGRATS, corps!! I'm so excited for you! And so close to your house...I know that is a major plus for you!!!!

I'll make my way down to the job seekers forum!

And for the thank you letter, I think an email would suffice.

11. alilisa

alilisa Habitué

Feb 9, 2008

Yea!! How exciting!! Good Luck with informing your current district!!

12. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Feb 9, 2008

jello tastes better than rubberbands! congrats!

check back with us in spring and late summer, so we can tell you about all the teacher breakfast shopping day specials at Office Depot/Office Max and Staples! as soon as you get your official hire letter/checkstub and/or ID, you can get some great discounts!

13. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Feb 10, 2008

YAY!!! Congrats!!!! How exciting to be hired so quickly! You must have made a great impression, despite the shaking :D

14. bakingdiva

bakingdiva Companion

Feb 10, 2008

Congrats! I love teaching first. I wouldn't want any other grade. Sounds like a great opportunity!