New format for student info sheets?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Caesar753, May 23, 2014.

1. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

May 23, 2014

Every year I ask students to fill out an info sheet. In addition to contact information and such, I have students answer questions about their favorite classes, where they like to sit in the room, what sorts of groupings they prefer, etc.

In the past I've had students do this on paper. I'd like to switch this to some sort of online format, but I'm not sure exactly what to do. Would a survey-type site work well for this? Google Forms? What's the best option?

My students won't have access to any type of device in my room other than whatever they bring themselves, most likely phones. Whatever online format I use needs to be easily accessible by phone, without some long, complicated URL or anything like that.

Suggestions?

3. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

May 23, 2014

I use google forms. I send it to them in an email though so it's really simple.

4. Linzi

Linzi Rookie

May 23, 2014

I've used both surveygizmo.com (free basic subscription) and google forms. I know survey gizmo automatically adapts to mobile, i would guess that google would as well although I haven't used that one for mobile.

I think the online methods would work great for collecting that info, but I'd do a trial run beforehand to make sure you have it set up to see all of each individual's responses, and that you don't end up with a bunch of phone numbers and no idea which person they belong to.

5. Rox

Rox Cohort

May 23, 2014

I would use Google Forms. You could embed it into a website of your own, or use tinyurl for a shorter url.