New Credential Student @ CSUF

Discussion in 'General Education' started by MathMaster, Aug 6, 2007.

1. MathMaster

MathMaster Rookie

Aug 6, 2007

Hello Everyone!:)

I'm going to be taking prerequisite classes this Fall 2007 to get into the teaching credential program at CSUF and I was wondering if there are anyone from CSUF who goes to this forum, who's in the same boat as I am or who has been in the same boat previously and can help me out as to how many classes I should be taking if I am going to be full time student with doing a lil bit of private tutoring on the side.

I have enrolled in EDSC 310, 320, 330, 340, 304, and 410. That's 18 units worth of classes and I have tried to also read reviews from ratemyprofessor.com to enroll with professors of my preference.

Please, if anyone could give me any help on this issue I would really appreciate it. I would also love to get to know people who is on the same path as I am so that I could make friends/classmates and mentors along the way.

:thanks: !

3. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Aug 7, 2007

Ok mathmaster..give me a minute

I am a CSULA alumnus...but I think you got a buddy out here somewhere, who is actually pulling her hair out. in the same boat..and needs some help.

in the meantime..4 classes is the most I have ever taken...and one was a telecourse! I might have taken 5 during my first undergrad years...but trust me, I never finished all of those classes. Too many "I's" which I later learned turn into "F's" if you don't repeat the class!

I'll be back.

4. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Aug 7, 2007

ok, I am back...there is an entire group just for pre-service/student teachers! See a thread called, To Teach or Not Teach

but look at others...I am sure you will find some help

5. MathMaster

MathMaster Rookie

Aug 7, 2007

thanks for the help! =)

6. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Aug 7, 2007

UR welcomed, again that forum here is called Students and Pre-Service teachers!! Also, lots of California teachers in the Job Seeker posts! See if they can offer some advice. Some may be grad students or alumni of csu system!