New Center Ideas for 4th

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by dillpickle, Jun 13, 2007.

1. dillpickle

dillpickle Rookie

Jun 13, 2007

Can anyone give me any books or websites to use to get center ideas for fourth grade? I know there are tons of file folder games, but where can I find those? Also, if you could give me any new ideas for my classroom for centers that would be awesome.

3. Ruby731

Ruby731 Rookie

Jun 14, 2007

Literacy Work Stations

Try this book- "Practice With Purpose" Literacy Work Stations for Grades 3-6. It's very interesting and has practical ideas. It's not just literacy stations though, it has ideas for different subjects/content areas. Teachers in my school district have implemented it and I've seen it work really well.

4. Madee

Madee Rookie

Jun 14, 2007

How about spelling centers?

The spelling center offers a variety a ways to study spelling words besides a typical worksheet. Students can choose to use stencils or stamps to spell out words on a variety of paper. I also have an organized container of magnetic letters available to use on cookie sheets. Scrabble tiles are also included. I have found several sets at garage sales. Some students like to use the Scrabble board. Others like to spell out words on the wooden stands that come with the game. Before I set up the center, I googled spelling ideas and found an array of ideas to incorporate. I found the best list at the following website:
    http://www.busyteacherscafe.com/units/spelling.htm

Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  5. born2teach84

born2teach84 Comrade

Jun 14, 2007

6. mandyg

mandyg Rookie

Jun 14, 2007

4th grade centers

Hello!

I have a few printable activities that can be centers on my site. You are welcome to use them. Click on centers.

I am moving to second next year so I am looking forward to BIG changes!!!:eek:

Hope this helps!
    Mandy
    www.mandygregory.com

7. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jun 14, 2007

I LOVE your site! I found it a few months ago when I was looking up how to organize the classroom. Great site.