New and need help.....

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by barbierox, Aug 14, 2014.

1. barbierox

barbierox New Member

Aug 14, 2014

I am brand new to this forum and I am hoping you can help me. I am in my mid 40's and really want to start substitute teaching. I have a science background and after many years in industry I am ready to try my hand at subbing. I am in the process of applying to vacancy sub positions ( still working on reference letters) but I hope to have everything submitted by the weekend. I am nervous since school here in IL starts next week!! :eek:
    I must say how surprised I am at the level of information that is being requested to be a sub. I did take a teacherfit inventory which was quite challenging and then I need to take the profile builder. Does anyone know what type of questions are on there? Also, can you steer me in the right direction of how I should word my cover letter. I do not have a teaching degree - I did just receive my sub license and parapro license though.
    Hopefully, I did not miss the opportunity for being a sub since I just received my licenses last week.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

3. azure

azure Companion

Aug 28, 2014

Our district doesn't require that much stuff. . . just a copy of my college transcript and they do a police background check.

4. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Aug 28, 2014

Subs come and go, they start anytime they want - it is the advantage they have over the full time teacher.