New 90210

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TeacherNY, Sep 2, 2008.

1. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Sep 2, 2008

Anyone watching the new 90210 tonight? I'm curious to see what they're doing with it since I remember watching it in high school. Makes me feel old :eek:

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 2, 2008

My DVR's all set to record it! I may not watch it tonight, but I'll have it recorded. I hope it's not another OC or Gossip Girl type show.

4. love2teach

love2teach Enthusiast

Sep 2, 2008

Im watching it right now....kinda cheesey...but you gotta love it!

5. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Sep 2, 2008

Yup! Just like it was in the 90s LOL.

6. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Sep 2, 2008

I'm TIVO'ing it! I'll watch it later tonight or sometime tomorrow, whenever the husband isn't around because I doubt he'll want to see it, hehe.

7. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Sep 2, 2008

My hubby is watching it with me. He is shaking his head and rolling his eyes LOL

8. peggy27

peggy27 Cohort

Sep 2, 2008

A few good lines, but I agree cheesy. I am rolling my eyes. But it's better than what's on the other stations.

9. kc5

kc5 Rookie

Sep 3, 2008

Was anyone else shocked by the car scene in the beginning? And also later when the two girls are in The Pit and the one is talking about how she does everything to her boyfriend?

10. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Sep 3, 2008

I didn't plan on watching it, but then nothing else was on. I couldn't believe they were supposed to be 15 and 16. They looked so much older. They were also in the club drinking-along with the sexual things going on.

11. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 3, 2008

I still haven't watched it yet, but it sounds like another OC or Gossip Girl type show, which is what I hoped it would NOT be. I guess unfortunately, shows have to move w/ the times of society: Promiscuity, drinking, partying, & other adult issues happening to young teens. I'll still watch the show. I'll stop if I get sick of it.

12. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Sep 3, 2008

I agree. I watched it and it doesn't "feel" like one of the old good shows like "Dawsons Creek", the old 90210, etc. It has that new spin on it editing and all...I'm slowly getting past that. I was really bored with the first hour of the show...after that I started getting a little more into it. I guess I just need to get used to the characters!:)

13. JMUteacher

JMUteacher Rookie

Sep 3, 2008

ohh Dawson's creek. I wasn't watching the show a 100 percent but did that girl with the super (and I mean super) curly hair see one of her High School Teachers at the bar? I miss the days of Dylan and Steve!

14. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Sep 3, 2008

I watched the show on and off for the whole 2 hours. I was doing some school stuff so sometimes I wasn't giving it my full attention. I agree that it doesn't have the same feel as the old show but my guess as that the kids of today would think the 90s show was "lame" since they are so different today (it seems to me anyway). I am still sort of confused with the characters since I wasn't paying enough attention but I will watch a few more episodes. I'm glad Brenda is back. I always liked her.

15. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Sep 3, 2008

I always liked Brenda too! I wish "Donna" would come back. Actually I wish the whole cast would at some point (the originals). I think it's cool how they incorporated "Silver" into this new cast, it's nice to have a connection from the old to the new. :)

16. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 3, 2008

I belong to a discussion board that talks all about TV shows (yes, I'm a real couch potato! :D But I'm not on there that much.) On that board, it said that Tori Spelling pulled out of joining the new cast after Shannon Doherty signed on to join the cast. It says Jennie Garth will be on there, even though she didn't jump at the chance at 1st. The thing is, in the olden days, Doherty & Spelling were friends in real life & Doherty & Garth didn't get along at all. It said Ann Gilespie, who plays Garth's mother will be on there. So far, I don't know which other original cast members will be on.

My fave actor was Luke Perry (Dylan) & my fave of the gals was Shannon Doherty. I hope she doesn't get herself kicked off yet another show like she did on the original 90210 & Charmed.

17. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Sep 3, 2008

I can't watch. I hate when they remake classics. We used to meet in the lounge of our dorm to watch the original because the cable wasn't hooked up yet during college. Back then there wasn't anything else like it on TV - nothing really just for teens. Today I think there are many shows that have a more original premise. Just my :2cents:

18. love2teach

love2teach Enthusiast

Sep 3, 2008

I want to know who the Father of Kelly's baby is? I have a hunch that it is somehow tied to the org. cast!!

I also like how Silver is on the show...and did anyone catch the news reporter that was Andrea's daughter!!

19. StickyNotes

StickyNotes Companion

Sep 4, 2008

I have to say I loved it. I think it was really tied into what teens today go through. I love the references to Hannah Zuckerman ("Doesn't that girl look like she's 30?"), Erin Silver being on there, and of course Nat! I'm hooked and thankfully my husband enjoyed the show too.

20. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Sep 4, 2008

It is Brandon. When Brenda and Kelly were talking at the Peach Pit, Kelly said something about Brandon calling late at night and earlier in the show, she was on the phone to the child's father when he came in(the boy). Plus, Kelly mentions that Brenda hasn't seen him since he was a baby.

21. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Sep 4, 2008

I agree with giraffe, plus it's not a spoiler you just had to pay extra attention. At least, they lead you to strongly believe it's Brandon.

love2teach--I did catch that! I heard Zuckerman and I was like "hey! that's Andrea's last name!!" haha. I didn't know if it was her daughter or what relation though. What was her baby's first name? For some reason Hannah is sounding right, but I'm not sure...

Also, how can it be her daughter if the last name is Andrea's last name! Shouldn't it be the father's...Jesse...whatever his last name was!?

22. love2teach

love2teach Enthusiast

Sep 4, 2008

I was thinking it was Brandon, but waiting for Brenda to say something about her "nephew"

I thought she was talking to her mom when the baby walked in to the room late that night.......

It would not surpise me if Brandon was the father, but would not pin his character to be an uninvolved parent.

23. love2teach

love2teach Enthusiast

Sep 4, 2008

Also, how can it be her daughter if the last name is Andrea's last name! Shouldn't it be the father's...Jesse...whatever his last name was!?[/QUOTE]

They said both last names when the introdcued Hannah......If I remember correctly Andrea and Jesse were not married until after the baby was born?!
    I also loved the "She looks like she's 30 comment"!

24. love2teach

love2teach Enthusiast

Sep 4, 2008

Also, how can it be her daughter if the last name is Andrea's last name! Shouldn't it be the father's...Jesse...whatever his last name was!?[/QUOTE]

They said both last names when the introdcued Hannah......If I remember correctly Andrea and Jesse were not married until after the baby was born?!
    I also loved the "She looks like she's 30 comment"!

25. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Sep 5, 2008

They said he was in Belize. It is hard to be involved when you are in another country.
    We'll have to see how it develops!

26. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 5, 2008

Jesse's last name was Vasquez. I remember in the original when the baby was born, they said her name is Hannah Zuckerman Vasquez.

27. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 6, 2008

I finally watched the premiere today. I'm more interested in the storyline happening w/ the original characters (Brenda, Kelly, Nat, Kelly's mom who's coming back next) than the new people.

What would be great is if they slowly brought back the original characters & eliminated the new ones!