Networking/Job Seeking advice

Discussion in 'General Education' started by GTB4GT, Jan 25, 2017.

1. GTB4GT

GTB4GT Cohort

Jan 25, 2017

my spouse is keenly interested in moving to a large urban area (family reasons, specifically aging parents with health issues.) She has been networking and we are confident that she can easily make a professional transition without much difficulty given her background and line of work.

OTOH, I have been teaching in a small rural school for the past several years. It is not without its drawbacks but I am certain I do not want to teach in this city's large public schools. Also, at this stage in my life, I want to continue in education and not return to the private sector although most of my working career was spent there. So, my options are the private schools in the area. Of course, I have looked at their websites and will continue to do so but it is rather early for job postings for the next school year. I have never really conducted a job search in the education field. Any tips or thoughts on how to proceed and/or network beyond simply waiting for a job posting? I will finish this school year where I am at but am interested in the 2016/17 year. Thanks in advance for any input.

3. otterpop

otterpop Aficionado

Jan 25, 2017

Also check out the charter schools in the area. Charters vary like any place of employment... some are great, some are not... but it's definitely worth looking into.

You might also see if there's a facebook page for teachers in the area, as it could be a good place to get some questions answered.