Netflix-for-Books

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Hoot Owl, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Jan 20, 2010

Thought some of you might be interested in this. What do you think about it?

http://www.booksfree.com/
    Booksfree is often referred to as Netflix-for-Books. After signing up, browse the Web site and select titles you would like to add to your queue by clicking the red Add button. These titles are added to your queue. We automatically ship the number of titles your membership plan allows. The remaining titles in your queue will be ready to ship in future orders. We recommend keeping at least 10-15 titles in your queue at all times for the greatest enjoyment of our service. When you return titles you have read or listened to in the provided prepaid return mailer, we automatically ship your next selection(s). In the event your next selection is unavailable, we'll ship the first available titles in your queue in the priority added. If your queue currently has no available titles in it, we'll order them from one of our distributors and ship your order the following business day (older titles have limited availability).
    Paperback books are shipped 2-3 books per order via Media Mail and should arrive within 5-10 business days. Paperback book members must return the same number of books they receive in order for the next order to generate properly. Audiobooks are shipped in their entirety, one title per order via First Class mail and should arrive within 2-5 business days. We always ship the entire audiobook, regardless of the number of discs.

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jan 20, 2010

I think it seems cool but I wonder what I get out of this that I can't get out of using the library....?

4. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Jan 20, 2010

That's what I was thinking. Even if my library doesn't have the book I want I can request it from another library in the system. I might not get it as quickly as the Netflix but I don't mind waiting since it's free!

5. glitterfish

glitterfish Comrade

Jan 20, 2010

Looks intriguing, but I agree with others. I love my public library. I do everything online through our library's website, put all the books (and dvds) I want on hold, and then I get an e-mail sent to me when they're waiting in a nice stack at the library for me to pick up. Super easy and I can get as many as I want at a time. We have an awesome selection. It's helping me curb my book-buying addiction.