NES Assessment

Discussion in 'Other Tests' started by slickshoes510, Aug 4, 2015.

1. slickshoes510

slickshoes510 Rookie

Aug 4, 2015

Hi,

Has anyone taken this assessment? I will be taking the NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Elementary in a few months. What study guide did you find useful? Any other tips for me while I prepare to take it?

Thank you in advance.

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Aug 4, 2015

Welcome to A to Z, slickshoes510. Your thread's been moved to the Other Tests subforum under Examinations for Teachers.

For any given teacher test, the gold standard for what could be tested is the test framework or blueprint or list of test specifications or competencies - that is, the document on the test's Web page that lays out what is in the test. No one version of a test can cover all the content, and this is one of several reasons that tests typically exist in more than one version.

Your elementary-education methods coursework should have had as one of its aims getting you through either this test or your university's state's professional-practice test. If you still have your textbooks, use 'em. In addition, try scanning the Other Tests forum for threads on other states' elementary-methods tests. Praxis's elementary Principles of Learning and Teaching (PLT), and materials for it, might be a good bet.

4. TeachMiranda

TeachMiranda Guest

Jan 21, 2016

So how did it go slickshoes510? Any tips for someone who'll be taking the NES assessment year?

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  5. gumption

gumption Rookie

Jan 24, 2016

The NES was definitely one of the harder tests I've prepared for, but the study guides were 10x harder than the reality! I passed both the Reading Education and General Education (math subtest included) with flying colors!

6. Sharoun SARA

Sharoun SARA Guest

Feb 18, 2017

Any tips for someone who'll be taking the NES assessment year?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2017