Nervous

Discussion in 'New Teachers Archives' started by JaimeMarie, Aug 16, 2006.

1. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Aug 16, 2006

I am starting to get nervous but I don't think it is so much about teaching as finding a place to live and figure out how to work with the ed techs.

3. kathy2215

kathy2215 Companion

Aug 16, 2006

Hang in there Jamie, at least u have ajob it will all work out in tiem

4. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Aug 16, 2006

How house the house/apt. hunting been going? Any luck?

5. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Aug 17, 2006

I'm leaving to go up and look today. I won't be back until Sunday or Monday.

6. wifemomteach06

wifemomteach06 Companion

Aug 17, 2006

It's natural to be nervous. I would be more concerned if you weren't! Just take it one step at a time. Can you look online first for places, that way when you get up there, you have more of an idea? Does anyone from the school recommend anywhere? I know that you will do great!! I can't wait to hear how it went!

7. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Aug 17, 2006

Thanks.
    I have some places I'm going to look at. There aren't many places up there to rent. Hopefully I'll like the one I am going to see on Saturday.
    I should be packing up the car. I'm so pookey lately!

8. TeacherRW

TeacherRW Cohort

Aug 17, 2006

I wish you well on your "dwelling search". It is normal to feel anxious about your move and upcoming teaching position. I know you will do just fine on both accounts.

Good luck...

9. Musica

Musica Rookie

Aug 17, 2006

I think the most nerve-racking experience was the dwelling search. There also wasn't a lot available that wasn't either in the city I live near, or affordable in the suburbs. I also had to deal with buying my first car at the same time... once those two components were done, I felt a lot better. I have had my car for 3 weeks, and moved into my apartment 2 weeks ago, so I think you will find that you will feel much more grounded when that is all settled. Good luck!

10. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 17, 2006

Jaime - we'll be thinking of you. I hope you find someplace just right for you.

11. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Aug 20, 2006

Thanks everyone. I just arrived back from my camping/house hunting trip. I found a place to live but can't move in until September 18th. Sooo the people are letting me stay at their personal summer home from Sept 4th until the 18th. So nice of them!
    The first five nights I'll be staying with my ed tech and her family. So that part is all set. Now to start my planning. You won't believe all the stuff in that school. I'll tell you more about it later. Right now I need to go lay down. I have a 101 fever. ICK!
    You all must think I am the sicklyest (is that a word) person ever! This year has been the worst by far for me.

12. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 20, 2006

Glad it's all starting to fall into place...feel better!

13. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 20, 2006

I'm so glad you got that settled. Now you can find the energy to be excited about this wonderful adventure.

Take care, feel better!!

14. Maithal

Maithal Cohort

Aug 20, 2006

JamieMarie - I'm glad everything worked out with both your new place and new job. It'll be a BIG change, but once you get adjusted and use to the new the routine you'll feel more at home and more comfortable. Btw- I hope you feel better! Get well soon! :)

15. SarahnVA

SarahnVA Rookie

Aug 20, 2006

I'm glad you found a good place. Get some rest so you can start with a great year!

16. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Aug 20, 2006

Thanks everyone. I think this past year has been the worst year for me catching flu bugs, colds and so on. Maybe the move will do so good. lol.

17. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Aug 20, 2006

You know, you are very sickly! haha ;)
    I'm glad you found a place and it really is terrific that they're letting you stay at their summer home until you can move in. I'm sure everything will work out great. I can't wait to hear about your first day!

18. TeacherC

TeacherC Connoisseur

Aug 21, 2006

I'm glad that you found a good place to live! If you are staying with your ed. tech for 5 nights, hopefully you won't be nervous about working together anymore. Good luck getting settled, and feel better soon!