Nervous about Winter performance- on own

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by Peachyness, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Dec 5, 2006

This is my second year doing a winter performance, but my first time doing it all on my own. Last year I had 5 other Kinder teachers to work with, this year, at my new school, they don't do performances. Anyways, I talked to the principal and we will perform doing our next assembly. I've decided to have us just sing Rudolf the red nosed reindeer. Our performance is next week, so I wanted something simple. Anyways, I want them to wear cute reindeer antlers. Does anyone have a link on how to make one?? I tried searching but didn't really find anything. I was thinking of the kids tracing their hands on brown paper, and glueing them onto a brown head band. But, I'm a very visual person and would love to see one already made. Or if someone could descirbe how they make one, they would be great too! :thanks: :D

3. Deeena

Deeena Cohort

Dec 5, 2006

I have a picture of a reindeer headband and another reindeer project. I'll take a pic and email it to you. It will hopefully give you some ideas.

4. misst1976

misst1976 Companion

Dec 10, 2006

I did Rudolph last year and was able to find antlers at the dollar store. They came 3 a pack.

5. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Dec 10, 2006

Try visiting Santa at the local mall; some pass out antlers. Up On The Rooftop is also a great song that you can easily do actions with.

Good luck with your performance!!

6. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Dec 10, 2006

thanks for the suggestions. I just ended up making the antlers using their hands. We traced their hands and glued them onto brown strips of paper. Then we stapled the stip together. They acutally came out really cute! On the day of the performance, I'm going to paint their noses red. I'm getting very nervious though. This is my first performance on my own and I want it to go well.

7. srh

srh Devotee

Dec 10, 2006

We made antler headbands for our performance last Friday night. We stuffed them with some batting so they stood up well and added glitter around the edges. (a parent offered to take them home and do all that--she did 40 in one night!) The audience ooohhed and aaahhed when the curtain was pulled! We did not put names on them, and plan to save them for future use.

8. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Dec 10, 2006

Ah, glitter. I did not think of that!! That's a cute idea. I like how you made it to last for years to come. Thanks for that idea!