Nervous about the CSET Multiple Subject test

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by uncleal, Apr 24, 2010.

1. uncleal

uncleal Rookie

Apr 24, 2010

I have both the Kaplan and Cliff notes books. I created online flash cards to help me with the Subtest I and III. I did charts showing milestones of reading, p.e., art, and language acquisition. I have been studying harder than I have ever studied before.

Yet, on the practice test that I take in the books, I am barely passing Subtest I and I am like 1 percent close to passing Subtest III.

How is this test so incredibly hard?!? :unsure:

My CSET test I and III is in two weeks and I am so nervous about it. If I don't pass this test, and I get one shot, I will not be able to get into the credential program that I need to become a special education teacher until NEXT YEAR.

What is your advice on psyching out. Is there any thing more that I can do? Also, for those who have passed the CSET, are the Kaplan and Cliff Notes tests harder than the actual test? I noticed that with the CBEST.

3. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Apr 24, 2010

You can study for the history on learnerorg.com.

You should not be freaking out. I found it easy and passed the first time. If you study, you should do well.

4. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Apr 24, 2010

Besides doing those practice books, have you been reading any other books? Like, for science part are you reading science books, etc? That's what I did when I studied for the cset tests (mutliple subject ones and the science 118 one). I didn't use any test preps, actually. I just looked at the domains and studied using them.

Also, go in to the test with a fresh mind. Get good rest. Eat healthy meals, and go in with a positive attitude. I didn't do so hot on the online test prep version of science 118 yet rocked it when I took the real thing.

5. uncleal

uncleal Rookie

Apr 24, 2010

Tami J, thanks for the link.

Peachyness, I also took the practice test on the CTC Web site. I did semi-well, but I am hoping that I am a better written response person because those extra points would be wonderful.

Do you guys have anything that would help me learn the laws of motion and how they are associated with P.E.?

6. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Apr 24, 2010

7. uncleal

uncleal Rookie

Apr 24, 2010

That was some great info! Thank you so much for your help.

I am also referring to topics that I got wrong in my practice tests to Wikipedia. I should take at least four practice tests before the big test so there has got to be a chance that one of the topics that I got wrong in the practice test is going to show up in the real test.

8. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Apr 24, 2010

To make the information truly yours, make a point of finding similar connections in your own experience, uncleal.

9. uncleal

uncleal Rookie

May 9, 2010

I just took CSET I and III yesterday. I find out the results in early June. It was not difficult, but there was one question I was stumped on about early Chinese and Japanese music. I filled my written response books completely for each response.

I am so thankful for this site, my partner, Brainpop.com, and all the hours of studying. I truly hope it paid off because I need to turn the CSET passing scores to my college credential program ASAP so that I could start taking summer school in 19 days. And there is still little time to rest, becuase I need to also ace CSET II so I'll be spending two months in the land of Math and Science.

10. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

May 9, 2010

Sounds promising, uncleal!