Negative feedback from former administrator

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by mtm672, Jul 17, 2010.

1. mtm672

mtm672 Rookie

Jul 18, 2010

The school has a reputation for really throwing teachers out and not caring at all. I watched it happen to many others. Its a big school with lots of money, every year they hire a bunch of new teachers and than let them go. Usually just saying they were not a good fit.

I was new to high school, coming from elementary and new to being a RSP teacher with a caseload of twenty students. Some of my seniors I had to track down to meet with them. One student who normally had very good grades, really dropped the ball and let her grades slip. I tried so hard to help her, but she ended up lying to me about finishing a required paper. The teacher gave her an F, and she was not able to graduate on time. Obviously the P, felt that it was directly my fault and I was to blame.

I watched people let go this year who were very vocal and angry about not being asked to return as they were ready to be tenured, but let go. I was a complete professional and left as a professional with respect to all. I thought the P would give me a reference but now I know that is not true.

I have spent a lot of time soul searching and I have come to realize it comes down to forgiveness, that is it. Forgive and move on, there is nothing good to come from bitterness or blame. As silly as the situation is I believe its a blessing somehow. Personally I would like to just move on and be ready to honestly explain the situation of not being a good fit for a newer SPED teacher and that I learned an important lesson. With all of my being I am going to use this to grow as a person, not let it ruin me. I was told about this for a reason, and that is the focal point. Not letting this run a negative course, anyways again the insight I read is life changing thank you all.

2. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Jul 18, 2010

You have a beautiful attitude about the matter and I sincerely hope that everything works out for you.

3. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jul 18, 2010

I wish you all the best in your continued search. It sounds like you have learned a lesson from dealing with this school that you can turn into a positive experience!

And just one thing I'm thinking of...if the teacher was not transferring after all, it sounds like you wouldn't have stayed in this position anyway regardless of what the former P said b/c they probably didn't have the room for you. :( Don't know if that makes it any better or not, but I started to think that way as I read all of your posts.

:hugs:

4. brejohnson88

brejohnson88 Comrade

Jul 18, 2010

You have a very wonderful attitude. If this was me, I would be so angry. Good luck in your job search!

5. SwOcean Gal

SwOcean Gal Devotee

Jul 18, 2010

Wow! That is the right attitude. Good luck and best wishes and lots of hugs! I am so sorry, it truly was a blessing that you asked that question and got an honest response because now you can move on, but you can do damage control in many of the ways already posted.
    That was a hard response to come to terms with on your behalf- that would be a super difficult realization and truth for me to realize. I admire you and your strength and courage in this situation.
    The more good I look for the more I find in acts, decisions, and acceptance like your own. Best wishes!