Need Variety Show help

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by skerns, Feb 28, 2009.

1. skerns

skerns Companion

Feb 28, 2009

Our school is a having our annual variety show on the 19th. I need a cute idea that i can do with my 4 year old class. In the past we have combined with the kinder class to do musicals and comedy acts. But this year there are too many kids (45) for the small stage. So I am on my own. I though of using the dance recital song Boogie Woogie Piggy, but not sure if this is too girly for the boys. Any ideas out there?/ Not really wanting to just sing. We do that for graduation.

3. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Feb 28, 2009

-You can have the children dance (Free style), to any cool music that you might have a recording of; "Hokey Pokey", "Space Jam", or any other fast beat song that they enjoy dancing to. The parents will get a :lol:kick out of how the children will perform and what kind of movements are going to be involved!
    -If you have time you can even teach them the steps to electric slide or another dance that they can do.
    -We've done one where I cut out cardboard guitars, the children decorated them and we strung them with yarn strings. The children sang and played their guitars while singing a song that I taught them. I also played along with my guitar.
    -You can also try a ribbon dance to "I Believe I can Fly", or any slow music that you like. It would be free style and it would be so much fun to watch them do it. For the ribbons; tape colorful crepe 3 ft paper to rulers or some sticks and let them do their thing! You can just give them taped together 3 ft, 3 different colored crepe papers, without the rulers; to avoid an eye poking accident. With 4 year olds, safety is a MAJOR concern.:help:
    Good luck,
    Rebel1

4. Kase

Kase Companion

Feb 28, 2009

When I was in college, we taught our 4 and 5 yr olds the easy movements to YMCA. They loved it so much we didn't have a hard time getting them to practice. Not to mention the parents definitely thought it was hilarious!

5. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Mar 1, 2009

This probably sounds pretty kiddie program-style rather variety...but what about some fun Nursery Rhymes...you could have several of your kids "dress up" as Humpty Dumpty, Little Bo Peep, Little Jack Horner, etc....

I'll have to think of something more variety-style...hmmmm....

6. skerns

skerns Companion

Mar 2, 2009

Thanks for the ideas so far. Keep them coming. I still haven't decided.
    Thanks again.

7. rosew

rosew Companion

Mar 8, 2009

Greg and Steve have some great songs ..try their website and you can hear a sample of their songs..for our preschool graduation I have decided to do a song by Hi-5..check youtube they have some cute songs also