Need to choose one ,can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Secondary Education' started by saba sultana, May 18, 2022.

?

BEST HISTORY PROJECT FOR 10 TO 12TH STUDENTS

1. WORLD WAR 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. WORLD WAR 2

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. saba sultana

saba sultana Rookie

May 18, 2022

After the change in the syllabus the projects that are offered to the students by the teachers has increased drastically .
    students are more focused on working on projects along with studies as the projects marks are included within their final result.
    however choosing the topics for the students is kind of difficult task for us as teachers.
    I am looking for the best history project ideas which will be easier for the students to implement and can be done within short period of time.
    can anyone help me in choosing one of them ?
    would appreciate response from you
    thank you

3. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

May 18, 2022

I’m not sure either of those can be done in a short period of time. They are HUGE topics.

Now, if each student had a project focused on a particular focused aspect of one of those, then you could really do either.

4. saba sultana

saba sultana Rookie

May 19, 2022

5. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

May 19, 2022

Honestly, I think that your project choices should come right out of the coursework that you are going to cover anyway, but with areas available for students to become highly focused because the project "speaks" to them. I remember my son's history teacher in HS, and the class was high functioning and hard, but the students had great individual leeway in their choice of projects/subjects, with the understanding that if the student had true buy in then there was probably going to be deeper learning. Any projects that have quick turn around times must either be shallow as opposed to having real depth of knowledge of the subject matter, or very focused on much smaller topics that fall within the gigantically wide expanse of either world war. As the teacher, it is up to you to approve the choices that are smaller in scope but tell a vital truth that helps others understand either of your exceedingly wide choices of world war. There are, after all, whole libraries that deal with the issue of the world wars, too vast for HS students to summarize. Just my opinion, of course.

saba sultana and Ima Teacher like this.