Need themes

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by preschool345, Aug 25, 2009.

1. preschool345

preschool345 New Member

Aug 25, 2009

Hello everyone~ was wondering if any of you are theme based for your preschools? I am starting over this year and I'm not sure where I want to go after the first couple of weeks of school. I usually do a different theme every week or sometimes some take 2 weeks. I just don't want to end up doing the same ones I've done in the past. I need something different. Just don't know what yet. Can you help!

3. teacherR

teacherR Companion

Aug 25, 2009

I do a themed based preschool curriculum. Last year I changed my theme every week but I am going to do it once a month this year instead. I am also trying to make them very broad themes that can cover a wide range of topics. It was so hard to change every week and sometimes the kids didn't get enough time.

For example September is, "All About Me!". I will go over body parts, senses, and emotions while getting to know my students and their families. October will be, "Fall".

We will do units on food, the earth, weather, and all four seasons. We will also do light and dark this year.

4. KarenPreK

KarenPreK Companion

Aug 25, 2009

I do themes for a full month. Here is a link to the themes page on my website-- I have lots of activities that I do with my class on these pages. I don't necessarily do the same themes every year & I don't do the same activities every year.

5. EDUK8_ME

EDUK8_ME Cohort

Aug 25, 2009

How about getting some ideas from the children. Find out what they might be interested in.