Need Thanksgiving Art Project Idea

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by bethany1120, Nov 3, 2008.

1. bethany1120

bethany1120 Companion

Nov 3, 2008

Thursday are parent teacher conferences. I'd like to have all of the Halloween stuff in my room gone, but need something to fill it with! Does anyone have any cute Thanksgiving art project ideas that I could do to hang in the room? We're already making turkeys, but I'd like one more idea. Thanks!

3. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Nov 3, 2008

We're making a cornucopias. You could probably fine the "horn" part online to print and then have the kids color it then cut out pictures of food from supermarket flyers or magazines and then glue them on.

4. cosmoteach

cosmoteach Rookie

Nov 4, 2008

I do a whole class project, that turns out really cute. I sent home a large template in the shape of a feather (made on diff. color construction paper...eeach child gets a diff. color). The students bring these home and decorate their feathers. I give them ideas for decorations...sequins, buttons, felt, pom poms, paint, ribbon, beans, feathers...the list goes on and on! The students then bring in their feather and I have a turkey's body that we add the feathers to. It makes a wonderfully colorful turkey that we have collectively made! Also, it is easy...they do most of the art at home!

5. Kindtchr

Kindtchr Comrade

Nov 7, 2008

I made a large turkey & have feather shaped colored paper that each child draws/writes s/he is thankful for. I mix in some solid colored construction feathers to fill out the tail. It makes a nice bulletin board.