Need Suggestions...

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by vbubbles1874, Aug 9, 2011.

1. vbubbles1874

vbubbles1874 Companion

Aug 9, 2011

I am in charge of organzing our annual Professional Development day and I need fresh ideas for topics! What are some areas you feel you could benefit in training? What are topics that interest you? I looking for fresh ideas. Any age range and area of development!!! Thanks!:help:

3. WaProvider

WaProvider Fanatic

Aug 9, 2011

My favorite classes are those on hands on science topics, messy fun topics or make and takes. That is just me though!

4. pink

pink Rookie

Aug 10, 2011

I've enjoyed workshops that include using photos/technology for documentation, sign language, new picture books available (with lesson suggestions), and, of course, literacy. Behavior management is always a good one for me, too, because I always feel I can improve on that!

5. WaProvider

WaProvider Fanatic

Aug 10, 2011

Current practices on keeping and updating portfolios? I am teaching a course in a few weeks on involving parents/caregivers beyond the conference and the pick up drop off time.

6. Pre-K Teacher 1

Pre-K Teacher 1 Comrade

Aug 13, 2011

I think parent involvement is a good topic. I presented a workshop on this topic and almost everyone stated that they considered parent involvement as parents coming to the school as parent participation.

There are many ways parents can be involved without coming to the program.

7. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Aug 13, 2011

I had an amazing one a few years back that talked about alternatives to just sand, water, and rice. I have a hard time getting more math and science into my curriculum sometimes (there's more to math than counting, sorting, and patterning...) and so I always enjoy those workshops.