Need storage ideas for Mailbox Magazine issues

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by KellyO, Jul 5, 2007.

1. KellyO

KellyO Rookie

Jul 5, 2007

Hi!
    I have been subscribing to Mailbox Magazine for years and now I have too many issues to now what to do with. Any ideas on how to store them? I've tried magazine holders by month ...but I just have too many issues. I have thought about tearing out the Table of Contents from each issue and storing those in a binder as a quick reference. Your thoughts? I have since cancelled my subscription and plan to just get the Yearbook. I do miss the online piece though.
    Thanks!
    :)

3. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 5, 2007

I can't wait till I can order my subscription! Until I know what grade level I will be teaching, it makes no sense to order it yet... arrrgghhh!

You could bundle them (by quarter, half-year, etc.), take them to Office Depot or whatever you have near you, and let them 3 hole punch them for you. Then you can save the issues in large binders. I like the idea of the Tables of Contents being separate, but if you do the binders, I would somehow put them on the front of the binder for easy reference. My last 2 instructors drilled using binders for things so much that I have gone binder crazy, though!

4. KellyO

KellyO Rookie

Jul 5, 2007

Thanks! I like that idea:)

5. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 5, 2007

Oh, I also heard/read of someone who takes them apart and sorts the pages by content, so that, for instance, all Math activities are together, or even all Division activities, etc. You could possibly use smaller binders doing it this way (less $).

6. phoebe611

phoebe611 Rookie

Jul 5, 2007

I had soooooooo many too and I decided to tear them apart. I keep things in file folders under subjects. For example, centers, arts and crafts, or even more specific Mosaic Art. I put the articles and activities in the proper folder. I was ruthless and really cut down on what I wanted to keep. If it was something I KNEW I would never use I immediately threw it out. Others, if I wasn't sure were filed and I checked them later. If the activities have things on the back I want, I make a copy of that page and file it away.

7. KellyO

KellyO Rookie

Jul 5, 2007

Thanks...I thought about that too. Now I just need to get to it.

8. etcetera83

etcetera83 Cohort

Jul 5, 2007

This is what I do!