Need something to combat frizz in humid weather

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Pisces_Fish, May 6, 2010.

1. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

May 6, 2010

I have naturally curly hair that's really pretty in the winter, but the summer humidity makes me hair frizzy. What works for you?

3. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

May 6, 2010

http://www.devaconcepts.com/products/curl/DevaCurl_BLeaveIn

I LOVE this stuff. I have always had hair that dances a thin line between curly and wavy. So I used to just blow dry it. I told my hair stylist that I wanted to wear it curly in the summer so I didn't have to blow it out. She gave me deva curl and she also cut my hair a certain way to bring out more curl - she took big pieces and twisted them and then cut along it.

I wear my hair curly all the time now!

There is a link on that site to find a retailer.

4. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

May 6, 2010

I use Bed Head's Foxy curls Contour Cream. I've also use the Catwalk curl Amplifier. My favorite cheap product is by Garnier. It's called Sleek and Shine. I've also use Potion 9 with great results.

5. Teacher_Lyn

Teacher_Lyn Companion

May 6, 2010

First thing -- You MUST favorite www.naturallycurly.com. That's where I read reviews about new products, ask questions and just bond with the curly community. I also discovered by reading the site that there are 4 types of hair, with subcategories. I learned my hair type so now I know what kind of products to use.

I purchase this stuff from Wholefoods called "Kinky Curly". I know it sounds like it's only for African Americans because it has the word "kinky" in it, but it's really not.

If your hair gets dry and frizzy,but is fine enough that it moves when the wind blows, it works well.

I find that if your hair is actually very kinky, it doesn't work (tried it on two of my girlfriends that were fully black and not biracial like me).

6. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

May 6, 2010

Omg! Thank you so much for sharing that link, Teacher_Lyn!I feel like I have found the motherload of information for taking care of curly hair!

I have struggled with my hair for years now - is it straight or is it wavy? I always blow dry my hair, which makes it straight because when it air dries, the waves look too messy. I really want my waves to come out more. I feel like I've finally found the answer for how to do this! Beachy waves, here I come! :cool:

7. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

May 6, 2010

I love that website naturally curly, it's how I found out about Catwalk's Curl Amplifier....it is amazing!!! But I need something"add-on" for the frizz factor. Glad to have some other products to try!