need some help

Discussion in 'Basic Skills Tests' started by Manitoba, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Manitoba

Manitoba New Member

Oct 6, 2008

I am new at this so please forgive me if I have posted this incorrectly. I have just moved here from Canada and I am trying to get certified. I am not sure what to do. The steps I have taken:
    1. Have just mailed my transcripts to Academic Evaluation Services
    2. When i receive those back I must fill out the application form to get certified.
    3. Take an exam the FTCE
    I was wondering if I can take an exam while I am waiting for all of these to come in the mail? I have been researching with regards to the exam and I have the study guide, Xam. To give you some background I was a teacher for 10 years in Canada. I taught physical education for 8 years and than taught a multi-grade 1-2 and a Grade 6 classroom. However, I have been looking at the book and I am overwhelmed. There is so much information I am not familiar with. What if I want to teach just K-3, is there a test for just those grades. Please, I need some guidance and advice.:confused:

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Oct 7, 2008

The official Web site at http://www.fl.nesinc.com/ shows all the tests that are available. Find the "Before Your Register" tab at the left of the screen; one of the menu options is "Test Selection", and that will tell you what's offered.

Go ahead and take the tests - in fact, you might review the application form to see whether you MUST or SHOULD take the tests before you apply.