Need some help regarding classroom library furniture

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Mrs Ski, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Mrs Ski

Mrs Ski Companion

Jul 22, 2010

So I have bought two of those saucer chairs from walmart for my classroom library area, but the new policy manual came out today and states:

Cloth Covered Furniture
    In order to reduce the chances of lice or other insect-based infestations, cloth covered furniture, including bean bag chairs, are not allowed in areas where they will be used by students. Cloth covered furniture can be covered with a vinyl or leather cover and must be sanitized occasionally using disinfecting wipes or spray.

So do I take them back and try to find something else (what?) Try and cover them in vinyl? I do have some sewing skills, but that doesn't seem very comfortable.

Everything that I am seeing that is not cloth covered doesn't seem comfy for reading. Do I just give up and let them sit on the floor?

3. Cateacher2b

Cateacher2b Companion

Jul 22, 2010

You could cover them with clear vinyl tablecloth protectors. They arent very stiff and dont cost very much either.

4. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Jul 22, 2010

Head lice is a real health issue. I'd take them back and get my money back. Then, I'd see what I could find in a vinyl. Check out Salvation Army or some used furniture stores. Good luck.