Need Some Centers Ideas!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by Jill420791, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Jill420791

Jill420791 Companion

Aug 19, 2006

I have some ideas already but i need some more: I will 8 centers: Computer, writing, phonics, Art, Word, Math and puzzle/game center any ideas! Thanks

3. greyna2

greyna2 Rookie

Aug 19, 2006

Pocket Chart- they usually work on grammar skill for example, i have sentences and non-sentences on strips. On top pocket i have "sentence" and "non-sentence'. They have to sort the strips then they write them on paper. They mix them up for the next group before moving on

Write the room-I tell the students what words to look for. Ex. this week they will look for words with short a. They walk around with a paper, pencil and clipboard and write 10 words with short a

Making words

ABC order-i place vocabulary words in a pocket chart, they put them in abc order, write them on paper.
    "

4. iteachk-1

iteachk-1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2006

How about adding a Poetry Center? You can have them read the poems using pointers. You could also write each line on a sentence strip. The students can put them in order in a pocket chart. Buddy Reading is another good one. Students can echo read, choral read, or take turns reading lines or pages.