need some advice

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by adria, Jul 5, 2006.

1. adria

adria Comrade

Jul 5, 2006

Hi, as you guys are quite aware next year I will be moving. I need some advice....my Dh is in college, I am in the process of researching some schools (college). I would like to know do you think I should land a job first or should I chose a college first. I was thinking that I don't want him to apply all over the place.

What do you think?

Thanks

3. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Jul 5, 2006

Honestly? He'll probably have an easier time transferring schools than you will finding a job. I don't mean that to sound rude (sorry if it did! :) ), but what I mean is, if he's already enrolled in college, he probably won't have a hard time being accepted to another school. You, however, will probably have to apply lots of places before being hired. I would probably want to focus on finding a job first and then finding a school in the area after that. You do want to do research on the schools, though, because not all colleges have all majors.

4. adria

adria Comrade

Jul 5, 2006

Beth you are not optimistic at all...and no you are not rude just a pessimistic. I am sorry if I was too blunt...but the teacher job market is not the same in each state. I have been researching schools and not many schools offer the associate RN program , I am restricted to just a few counties..

Take care and beth don't let the job market discourage you...

5. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jul 5, 2006

adria,

I was going to agree with Beth, even though I do have a teaching job, but....I guess I won't now. You did not mention in your first post that you were looking for an RN program. I think we assumed that you were looking to get into an education program since you want to teach.

6. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 5, 2006

What is a Dh?

7. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 5, 2006

Dear Husband

8. Sarah5483

Sarah5483 Companion

Jul 5, 2006

Yeah, I don't think she was being a pessimist at all.. If you recognize her on other posts you will notice that she is quite the opposite. I think she was just trying to answer your question realistically, and as Proud stated, unaware of the fact that you were looking for an RN program, which may then change opinions. Perhaps you should limit your job search to those counties and then once you lock in a job somewhere, he can then transfer to the college that offers the RN program that is nearby.
    p.s. czacza, I'm glad you asked... I've been wondering that for awhile. I assumed it was something husband :)

9. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jul 5, 2006

Since your husband is looking for an RN program maybe you should apply to jobs near all the colleges that have an RN program.

Good luck!

ps: I thought DH meant Domesticated husband.
    :D

10. adria

adria Comrade

Jul 5, 2006

Thanks you guys....I think of DH as dear heart,... dear husband..lol

take care

11. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 5, 2006

Thanks for the shorthand clarification!!