Need proforma for IEP

Discussion in 'Special Education' started by letsteach, Feb 8, 2008.

1. letsteach

letsteach Comrade

Feb 8, 2008

I am an ordinary classroom teacher (this is my 3rd year teaching) and this year I have a boy with autism. He attends a special school 3 days of the week and comes into my class for 2 half day sessions. These sessions will become longer and he will eventually come full time. At the moment we are workingon a slow transition. However, I have to write an IEP for him for Monday (to be handed to the Principal at 8.30 am) and don't have a proforma! Can anyone point me in the direction of a proforma for an IEP?
    Thanking you guys in advance.

3. positiveautism

positiveautism Comrade

Feb 8, 2008

This may be a silly question, but what is a proforma? Usually IEPs are drafted as a team, I think. So, can his special education teacher provide you with some information?

4. positiveautism

positiveautism Comrade

Feb 8, 2008

Oh, I just re-read your post about his other school. Can you contact them for his records?

5. letsteach

letsteach Comrade

Feb 8, 2008

A proforma is a blank master that you fill in.

My understanding is that children have one IEP to which everybody works towards. I met with the other teacher to discuss his goals and we have agreed on 3 for this semester. However, she is going to write the IEP for her school and expects me to write the IEP for our school. I did hint that she write it up (and I know I was wanting an easy option), but she didn't take this up and suggested I write one for myself.

6. bcblue

bcblue Comrade

Feb 8, 2008

I see you're in Queensland so I don't know if this will be helpful or not. The Massachusetts Department of Education has blanks of all our forms online, so here's the link in case that is helpful to you.

http://www.doe.mass.edu/sped/iep/eng_toc.html

7. positiveautism

positiveautism Comrade

Feb 9, 2008

8. Mia72

Mia72 New Member

Feb 23, 2008

Needing an IEP proforma/template/blank document?

Hi there!
    I just read you needed and IEP. I've been using a very complete one which I made myself after checking lots of IEP sites. I would send it to you if I knew how to attach the document (Microsoft Word) to this message:huh:. Do you have any other idea?