need of encouragement

Discussion in 'Private School Teachers' started by pommom, Aug 31, 2016.

1. pommom

pommom Comrade

Aug 31, 2016

I work in a small private christian school. My students are great and class management is great too. What is making me stressed out are the parents. The parents are VERY judgmental on the teachers and will go out of their way to look for things they do not like. They want to know what is going on all times everyday, and if anything changes and they are not aware of any little detail, they freak out. I am all for parental involvement, but this is just a little extreme..... For a first year teacher this is difficult to deal with.

3. shoreline02

shoreline02 Cohort

Aug 31, 2016

We use classdojo. The parents can follow it on their computers or app on their phone and see how their kiddo is doing throughout the day AND you can message back and fourth on it.

When I had parents like this, I would keep a record/notes notebook. Anything out of the ordinary that happened with a kid, I put the date and time. This worked especially well with behaviors.

4. pommom

pommom Comrade

Sep 1, 2016

I work in middle school. We already have a parent teacher database which we use to communicate with one another. That is not the problem. Yes, you are right, taking lots of notes on students is helpful.