Need Information about GACE One Exam

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by lwills, Jul 9, 2007.

1. lwills

lwills Rookie

Jul 9, 2007

Can someone share some info regarding the Gace One Exam. I am an Early Childhood Education Student and will be taking these exam next month. What areas should I focus on? Are the Math formulas given to you? Someone told me that they thought they were. Thanks for any info!

3. Teaching Grace

Teaching Grace Connoisseur

Jul 9, 2007

This entire test for the Early childhood section was easier than i thought. I took the test the first time that it was given. anyways, everything is given to you that you need. you aren't allowed to take cell phones or calculators in... seriously, they make you take your cell phone out to your car.when you go in, they give you 2 test booklets 1 for part 1 and 1 for part 2. one has math and social studies and the other has language arts and science. there are lots of multiple choice questions and then at the end of each section is an essay question. the hardest one was the math essay question. they give you a problem already solved and you have to tell a)if it's correct and b) if it's not, how would you solve it correctly. but you're given the two booklets and (i at least) start the test at like 8 am and they tell you good luck and turn your booklets in at anytime before 12 noon. the test wasn't that bad really. they also have a study guide or two out now on the market that you might want to look at.

4. lwills

lwills Rookie

Jul 9, 2007

Thank you so much for your info! Are you referring to GACE One or GACE Two?

5. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jul 9, 2007

By "GACE One", lwills, I assume you're referring to the Basic Skills tests. The Test Design and Framework document for this test should explain what it is that you're supposed to be able to do and whether formulas will be provided. Chances are that the formulas are fairly standard items such as perimeter or circumference, area, volume, distance, and the like; bone up on them using the Internet or a good math-review book such as Usborne's Illustrated Dictionary of Math.

6. lwills

lwills Rookie

Jul 10, 2007

GACE One Basic Skills Test

Thanks for the suggestions. I am working on that!

7. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jul 10, 2007

You can also ask questions about them here; someone's bound to have an answer.