Need Ideas!!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by MissWull, Jan 6, 2009.

1. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Jan 6, 2009

My husband's birthday is on January 28th, it's a Wednesday. This is his first birthday that we've been married (we always say that, this is our first Thanksgiving being married...our first Christmas being married, etc. haha). Anyway, we work at the same place and last year I totally decorated his office---to the max. Balloons, banners, confetti, garland, cupcakes. But that was last year...what should I do this year?

We are taking the day after off of work to go to this day spa and get massages. I will also be getting him a gift. But since we will be at work on his actual day...I wanted to do something, even if it's little...at work. Any ideas?! I know you all are a creative bunch!! :)

3. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Jan 6, 2009

What does he enjoy doing?

If you want to go all out have a limo pick him up, champagne, dinner at favorite restaurant???

4. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Jan 6, 2009

Well here's the thing, we carpool to work, so it'll be hard for me to do anything before or after.

I was just thinking to have something done for him at work, I mean...guys send girls flowers...I can't do that! I've already sent him a fruit bouquet before...I dont know...!!!

5. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Jan 6, 2009

How old will he be and does he have any hobbies?

6. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Jan 6, 2009

He will be 27. Hobbies...he likes video games, playing baseball & golf, sports in general, doing outdoor things (biking, hiking, etc.).

7. Writer's Block

Writer's Block Companion

Jan 6, 2009

I have sent my husband flowers before--I just told the florist to make it "masculine." For his 35 birthday, I sent him 3 dozen roses--it was the biggest bouquet of roses I had ever seen! He loved it...I think he loved the reaction of his coworkers too! I got tons of emails from them that day telling me how incredible it was.

Does he drink coffee? You can send him a coffee package.
    Does he like sweets? You can send him all kinds of baked treats.

What about putting together some kind of "package" of coupons and have them delivered to work...A free round of golf, etc.

8. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Jan 6, 2009

Arrange for a Singing Telegram! After the song, they can give him the Basket with all his FAVORITE STUFF; candy, drink, cookies, soda, a tie with your picture on it, his fav basketball team jersey or baseball team jersey, etc., fav chips, and anything else that he likes.
    He might like it,:)
    Rebel1

9. KLSSwimmer

KLSSwimmer Habitué

Jan 6, 2009

What about having his favorite food from a local restaurant delivered for lunch?

10. MrsWbee

MrsWbee Companion

Jan 6, 2009

This one's good. Easy, simple, thoughtful. You can always ask them to include a special bday dessert!

11. MrsWbee

MrsWbee Companion

Jan 6, 2009

Oh my gosh, do these actually still exist?? I want one!!! LOL!

12. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jan 7, 2009

- have some maculihe flowers or a plant delivered, such as sunflowers (yes, more guys like flowers than you think!)

- have a cake in the workroom lounge

- if your workplace has a sense of humor, have a singing telegram come to him

- do absolutely NOTHING during the day...pretend like you forgot his birthday & surprise him when you both get home