Need ideas on classroom games

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Iteach782, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Iteach782

Iteach782 Comrade

Aug 3, 2008

Now that it's almost time to head back, I was just wondering what fun classroom games you all do during rainy days. I've done 4 corners, musical chairs, freeze dance, etc. I would love to try other games this year. Any suggestions??

3. MsTeacher98

MsTeacher98 Companion

Aug 3, 2008

Silent ball? Every kid stands up, and the first student throws the ball. If it is caught, keep going. If the ball is missed, catcher sits down. If throw is wild, thrower is out. If someone talks/makes noise, they sit down.

20 questions? Hard for first grade maybe. I have a book somewhere...I'll see if I can find a few more.

4. Miss Bradley

Miss Bradley Companion

Aug 3, 2008

My kids loved played the simple game of Telephone (I would start with a funny phrase).

Also, they taught me the game Hello Mr. Judge. Teacher picks random student and covers their face somehow (I would pull down the projector screen)..teacher picks another student to go up to the projector screen (without the original student knowing who I picked)..and the 2nd student says "Hello Mr. Judge" in his/her funniest/disguise voice...the student behind the projector screen has to figure out which student said "hello Mr. Judge".

If the student gets it right they go again, if they get it wrong, the student who said "Hello Mr. Judge" goes behind the screen.

It's a really funny game that gets the class laughing! Hope that wasn't too confusing!:D

5. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Aug 3, 2008

My kids loved "Mr. Judge"

Ummm.... 7-up...

6. ArizonaTchr72

ArizonaTchr72 Companion

Aug 3, 2008

I call "Hello, Mr. Judge," "Hello, Mr. President"

7. Iteach782

Iteach782 Comrade

Aug 3, 2008

Thanks everyone! I will try out this "Mr. Judge" game with my 1st graders.

8. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Aug 3, 2008

Huckle Buckle Beanstalk

One kid is chosen to be the secret maker and hides a designated object in plain sight while the other kids hide their eyes. Then the SM says Huckle Buckle (no idea why this) and everyone else gets up and searches the room for the "hidden" object. *THEY CANNOT TOUCH ANYTHING, so that means it can't be under/behind anything that would need to be moved.* All searching is supposed to be done silently and if a child talks etc. s/he is out for the round. When someone find the object they have to sit down at their desk and call out Beanstalk (?) and must point out where the object is. When I was student teaching the kids begged for this game.

9. queenie

queenie Groupie

Aug 3, 2008

Sounds simple, but my kids last year LOVED 'Wiz Kids.' I got the real game from Discovery Toys for around ten bucks, but here's how we play- Two teams, one player from each team come to the board and get a marker ready. I read a question and they race to write the correct answer. First one finished with correct answer written gets 5 points for their team. If the other person gets the correct answer but is a little later than the first person (and it's obvious they didn't steal the answer), their team gets 3 points. We did this for Spelling practice every Thursday and also to get ready for upcoming SS and Science Tests and they always begged me to play it!

10. soflgal

soflgal Companion

Aug 3, 2008

Heads Up 7 Up..... Need instructions let me know. It's a good game because the kids have to be quiet. :)