Need ideas: Maternity clothes for interviews

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by cby1224, May 23, 2013.

1. cby1224

cby1224 Companion

May 23, 2013

I need some help with interview attire. My first interview will probably be either the last week of May or the first week of June but I want to get my options in hand soon in case of an earlier interview that I am not planning on. Typically, I don't have any issues with this but I am 6 months pregnant (and showing). I have been browsing Gap/Old Navy and Motherhood and have basically come up with these options. Are these appropriate? Is it ok to wear sleeveless to an interview? Better ideas?

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=6035&vid=1&pid=298580002

http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=95516889003&MasterCategory_Id=9996

http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_id=934220291&Mastercategory_Id=MC27

3. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

May 23, 2013

All my interviews were in July in buildings without air conditioning. Sleeveless was fine. But I also knew the typical dress for the district, too. I like the first dress. Jewelry and maybe a lightweight cardigan or jacket?

4. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

May 23, 2013

The first one seems a little low cut for an interview, in my opinion. I like the cheerfulness of the second dress and you can't go wrong adding a pretty top with the pants.

Good luck with the interviews and your new baby!

5. cby1224

cby1224 Companion

May 24, 2013

Thanks for the help. I really think the areas I would be interviewing, sleeveless would be ok. I thought about putting a nice cami under the dress if I couldn't alter the v-cut of the neckline on the dress.
    Thanks for the the advice!

6. stampin'teacher

stampin'teacher Cohort

May 24, 2013

I really like the first one, but if you're like how I was (my LO is now 4 weeks old), my boobs got bigger during pregnancy, so I might suggest a maternity cami to go underneath just to be safe. I had a one-size-fits-all one from Motherhood that helped me wear non-maternity clothes without my belly hanging out-best purchase ever!

Have you looked at Destination Maternity? I loved their clothes, and they always had sales so it wasn't much more expensive than Old Navy.

7. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

May 29, 2013

Go with the Palazzo pants and a nice blouse or shirt. They look classy and are comfortable. The dress looks too casual in my opinion (and it hasn't properly fit many of the women who have tried it on in the store. Something about the cut looks funny unless you have the perfect shape they made this for.)