Need Ideas for a Week

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by dizzybri14, Jul 28, 2008.

1. dizzybri14

dizzybri14 Companion

Jul 28, 2008

I will be starting as a PreK teacher next week. They have themes for each week, but there is no theme for that week. Any ideas on a theme I could use to focus on for the week and activity ideas Please!! :thanks:

3. teresaro

teresaro Rookie

Jul 28, 2008

Theme for first week

I don't usually have a theme for the first couple of weeks because I use that time to go over the school/class rules and how to care for what we have in the classroom.:mellow:

4. dizzybri14

dizzybri14 Companion

Jul 28, 2008

I am working at a preschool,and they are still in summer mode. Soo... they have to have a theme. I am thinking Transportation. Planes, Trains, Automobiles, Boats. I will also go over my rules and etc. as well.

5. sarzacsmom

sarzacsmom Groupie

Jul 28, 2008

I usually just use "Getting to Know You" or 'Welcome to ____" for the first week----and do some fun getting to know you activities that help ingrain cooperation (parachute play is good for this), give me a chance to observe some of their skills etc. like making friendship chains (I give them each a piece of colored paper with lines on it, and their name on each section and they cut on the line to make the strips, then theye ach get a trun giving every child int he class a strip--thenthey glue them together to make a paper chain and we hang them from the ceiling for the first week then they get to take them home

6. pabef

pabef Comrade

Jul 29, 2008

We do "All ABout Me" for the first week. They bring thier favorite book, snack, show and tell item. Units are focused on getting to know each other.

7. Taliesin

Taliesin Rookie

Jul 30, 2008

I'm also doing All About Me in the fall. We'll do it for three weeks and talk about class rules, themselves, and their families during that time.

8. MsWK

MsWK Habitué

Jul 30, 2008

Here's a third vote for "All about me."

9. Robin

Robin Rookie

Sep 17, 2008

Our program doesn't allow 'themes'. They do encourage projects that are hands on learning about various aspects of an idea of concept. Hands on, being a part of the process and not just doing pre prepared work for the children.

10. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Sep 18, 2008