Need help with written response on app to these....

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by lemonhead, Mar 6, 2007.

1. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Mar 6, 2007

How do you motivate a reluctant learner?

How do you assess student learning? ( I'm a sub!)

Within a fast-growth district, what might you do to foster a sense of community within your school?--- what do they mean??? in the classroom?----what difference does it make that the district is fast growing? I don't get it- what am I missing here?

4. How would you foster a positive self-concept in your students? Do you think they mean let them see their successes and give positive feedback?

3. Suburban Gal

Suburban Gal (formerly Elizabeth) Banned

Mar 8, 2007

It means JUST what it SAY: Within a fast-growth district, what might you do to foster a sense of community within your school?

How can it mean "in the classroom" when it clearly reads "within your district"?

In a fast growing district, a sense of community (as a whole school) can quickly get lost or buried as enrollement increases. As you know, the larger the number of people, the harder it can be to unify them and make them feel like they belong to a family. So, the question is asking how you'd make that possible.

4. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Mar 9, 2007

because it does not say "within your district"....it says within your school...that is why I didn't know if it meant classroom. Sorry - I guess that sounded pretty ignorant..

I guess I was just confused. I think I know how to answer it now. The schools themselves are not getting more students. They've just added schools- lots of them. There were 4 elementary schools in 2000 and now there are 18. It is crazy. The school where I am applying has set boundries that won't change and the enrollment caps at 770. thanks

Do you have any advice on the others?