Need help with objective within same district

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by lemonhead, Mar 29, 2010.

1. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Mar 29, 2010

Hi friends,

Looks like I am out due to reduction in enrollment at my grade level. Was keeping my fingers crossed for someone to leave in my grade or another but everyone is staying. Seniority stinks!

I have an interview within the district for a first or second grade position tomorrow. I don't know what to put for my objective. Any ideas? I will have a job somewhere in the district regardless, and have an active contract, so I am not sure what I am supposed to put there.

You think something like this sounds okay?

To continue as an elementary teacher in TownISD where I can guide young minds to be creative thinkers, responsible citizens, and become life long learners.

Lemon

3. jwteacher

jwteacher Cohort

Mar 29, 2010

That sounds OK. Get rid of the word "become" in your objective as it is faulty parallelism.

4. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Mar 29, 2010

Thanks, for catching that! I was copying and pasting. Do you have something that is better than OK?

5. jwteacher

jwteacher Cohort

Mar 29, 2010

Sorry, I didn't mean it was average. It sounds fine to me. If there was any room for improvement, maybe you could rearrange the word order, or replace the word "can" with "will"?

EX:

"To continue to guide young minds to be creative thinkers, responsible citizens, and life-long learners as an elementary teacher in TownISD."

"To continue as an elementary teacher in TownISD where I will guide young minds to be creative thinkers, responsible citizens, and life-long learners."

Will sounds better than can, because "will" is a guarantee and "can" is only a probability that you will reach the objective you set, IMHO.