Need help with new theme

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by jitterbug2, Jul 12, 2006.

1. jitterbug2

jitterbug2 Rookie

Jul 12, 2006

Hi,

This is my first year teaching and I'm doing second grade. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with an opening theme. I am very crafty and like to change things around alot so I am thinking of doing a fall theme of some sort, then after Christmas break switching to a jungle theme, and maybe even ending up with a spring theme if I get in the mood. I need help with my fall theme though. I don't know if I want to start the year right off with a fall theme because it isn't exactly fall yet. Any ideas would be wonderful!

Another question. My reading center is going to be centered around a tree. (Hence the way that I can easily change themes: fall leaves, rainforest tree, springtime tree) I have seen this type of tree in many different classrooms but I do not know how to make it. It is a free standing tree where you mostly only see the trunk. It goes all the way up to the ceiling where it branches out into leaves and what not. I know that it's covered in bulletin board paper, but I don't know exactly how to put it all together. The only thing that I can think is to use PVC pipe but I don't know how I'd get it to stand up and I don't know how I'd make the branches. I would love any help with this!!

3. teacherbell

teacherbell Cohort

Jul 12, 2006

If you want to do a fall type theme you could always start out with apples. Gradually you could add more harvest type decorations around the room and the apples would still fit in.