Need Help with Lesson Plan!!

Discussion in 'New Teachers' started by tas, Mar 7, 2008.

1. tas

tas New Member

Mar 7, 2008

Anyone have a good lesson to use with 8th grade Social Studies on the infamous "I have a dream" speech? HELP!!!

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Mar 10, 2008

4. live2ridemx417

live2ridemx417 Rookie

Mar 27, 2008

I don't have a lesson plan, but I definitely wouldn't call the speech "infamous."

5. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Mar 27, 2008

I truly hope you mean "famous" rather than "infamous."

Definition of Infamous

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Of very bad report; having a reputation of the worst kind; held in abhorrence; guilty of something that exposes to infamy; base; notoriously vile; detestable; as, an infamous traitor; an infamous perjurer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Causing or producing infamy; deserving detestation; scandalous to the last degree; as, an infamous act; infamous vices; infamous corruption.

Branded with infamy by conviction of a crime; as, at common law, an infamous person can not be a witness.

Having a bad name as being the place where an odious crime was committed, or as being associated with something detestable; hence, unlucky; perilous; dangerous.

6. obro

obro Rookie

Mar 28, 2008

According to Ned Nederlander of "The Three Amigos" ---Infamous means more than famous! Just kidding--couldn't help myself--I love that movie.