Need help with computer and journalism

Discussion in 'High School' started by Cole, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Cole

Cole Companion

Jul 30, 2007

Next year I am going to be teaching 4 different preps.

I'll have a Math Models class, (which I have no idea what to expect, its a brand new class and the books arent in yet.), a intro to Ag class (which will be no biggie) and then a Computer class (deals with word, excel and powerpoint) and a journalism class (to do a newsletter).

There is no book for the computer class and there is an old book for the journalism class.

I was told I can teach them however I want, using whatever I want, etc. The only stipulation really was that the computer class needs to teach basics of like word, excel, powerpoint, and whatever else i decide to put in it (like if i knew how to do websites or photoshop or something). And the journalism class will do the school "newspaper" which is more of a bulletin than paper since it is on regular paper.

So, my question is....have any of you ever taught either of these classes, or something similar and have any ideas on where i need to start to figure out what to teach, how to teach it, when to teach it, etc....i am at a loss here, and we start back in 3 weeks.

I would appreciate ANY help.

Thanks...

3. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Jul 30, 2007