Need help with children's portfolio

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by JenK26, Jan 9, 2011.

1. JenK26

JenK26 Rookie

Jan 9, 2011

Hi fellow teachers,
    I am the lead teacher of a four year old class. I was wondering what kind of things you put in your students folders for conference time.

Thanks,
    Jen

3. amyg

amyg Rookie

Jan 9, 2011

portfolio

I have samples of writing child's name, sample cutting, letter and number recognition assessments. Any other work that the child does that is interesting. Also I use their journals to show progress.

4. Mrs_Barrett

Mrs_Barrett Cohort

Jan 13, 2011

I just started doing them this year and I do a monthly cutting and drawing/writing activity. I also put in a page of pictures from throughout the day. I want to do more things but not sure what to do either.

5. Pre-K Teacher 1

Pre-K Teacher 1 Comrade

Jan 14, 2011

We include something from each of the developmental domains for learning to review at conference time.

6. Gimet

Gimet Rookie

Jan 16, 2011

I created "I can" statements linked to our Preschool Content Standards, to the Kindergarten Standards, student IEP objectives, the Brigance Developmental Inventory and The Work Sampling System (Preschool-3 and Preschool-4). Then I made rubrics for each “I Can” statement. Work samples are collected and assembled into a portfolio that students “present” to their parents at the end of the school year. Also included are General Descriptors of activities/ events that are not in “I can…..” format and do not have rubrics. Lots of digital photos--with portfolio pages for Math Center, Science, Cooking, Social Studies--Chinese New Year, etc.

7. Pre-K Teacher 1

Pre-K Teacher 1 Comrade

Jan 17, 2011

This is a great idea. I think I will have the teachers use this for their end-of-year conference with parents. THANKS!