Need help with a NEW letter...

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Proud Mom, May 27, 2010.

1. Proud Mom

Proud Mom Rookie

May 27, 2010

Hello Everyone!

I just found out that I passed the Middle School LA Praxis Exam and want to send out a new letter with a copy of my praxis results to all the districts that have my application. I am drawing a complete blank on how to start and word the letter. Obviously I want them to recognize my added certification, but also to "remind" them I have been actively subbing and let them know that I am very interested in working for their district and hope they will continue to consider my for any future positions. Any ideas to jump start my brain would be greatly appreciated. I'm certified Ele. Ed. K-6 and now able to add on Language Arts 7-9.

Thanks!!

3. jwteacher

jwteacher Cohort

May 27, 2010

I would just send them an updated resume and cover letter and say you have this certification. If you think HR is going to question the certification, include a copy of the Praxis score with a note stating that the Praxis copy is temporary until you receive your new certificate.

It shouldn't be a big deal.

4. asullins

asullins Rookie

May 27, 2010

First of all congrats on passing the exam! :thumb:

I just did the exact same thing in Arizona. I picked up Middle School LA/Reading on top of my Elem. Ed to make myself a little more marketable. I wanted to let the schools I've applied in know of my additional area. I just simple wrote another letter of interest saying that I've already applied but wanted to let them know of my newest approved area. I then wrote a little about my love of teaching reading and writing and how I'd like to bring those skills to a classroom. I sent the letter along with a copy of my new certification and my brand new brochure (thanks to this wonderful board). :)

I haven't heard anything yet, but I'm seriously keeping my fingers crossed that my phone starts to ring soon!

Best of luck to you!

5. Proud Mom

Proud Mom Rookie

May 28, 2010

Great, thank for the reply and letter idea!!!