Need help w/ graduation dress!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by chebrutta, May 15, 2009.

1. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

May 15, 2009

Gaaaah! I'm going up to NY for my brother's graduation from Cornell next week. It's over two days, so two outfits... and I need help finding something to wear!

1st - the weather? Is crazy. It could be warm, it could be cold, it could rain. I will also be spending considerable time sitting in the football stadium. I have a coat (one black, one brown, don't want to bring both)... but I don't have a raincoat. It rains a lot in FL, I know... we just get used to being slightly damp most of the time.

2nd - OMG. What do I wear? I have this black wrap dress http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/imageserver.x/00000000/olgabeth/.mids/br591550-00p01v01.jpg, which is my go-to dress when I'm not sure what the dress code is. But for the next day...

Options: Knee length black skirt (straight? Ruffle bottom? Lace bottom?) w/ cute top? Ankle-length Chinese-style skirt (black w/ white flowers) and white blouse? Pants?

Shoes... are sandals ok? Not flip-flops, but some cute leather Bass sandals? Or should I wear heels?

Or someone could slap me and tell me to just STOP WORRYING ALREADY.

3. Emerson Squirl

Emerson Squirl Rookie

May 15, 2009

So first, STOP WORRYING! and congratulations to your brother!
    Second, since it sounds like neither of us have been to a Cornell graduation I was thinking you could maybe cheat and research the dress code through facebook or myspace. Graduations are happening all over so maybe you could peek at photos to get some ideas. Of course, this plan only works if you have such an account but it was worth a try!
    If nothing else, I'd go with a skirt that could keep my legs warm but also cool if it happens to be warm enough.
    Good luck!