Need help to Create a BTS Brochure!

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by Bear5, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Bear5

Bear5 Rookie

Jul 12, 2007

Hello to everyone! I have been visiting this website for almost a year now, but this is my first time to post. Thanks for all the great info.
    I want to create a back to school brochure for either mailing out the week before school begins or handing out parent night (which is the Thursday before school begins). Is there a template that I can use on a website? Also what info should be included? I teach 5th grade Language,Reading, and Spelling. I would like to include my partner teacher. She teaches Science, Math, and Social Studies. We switch classes after lunch each day.
    Thanks for your help!

3. Miss_J

Miss_J Habitué

Jul 12, 2007

I created one for new parent orientation to Kindergarten in June and found templates in Word. I just started a project and it let me search for a template and then directed me to how to download it from the internet. Very easy.

4. Bear5

Bear5 Rookie

Jul 12, 2007

Great, Thanks!
    I also saw some older posts that mentioned vistaprint.com. I'll try that too.

5. armygirl8894

armygirl8894 Rookie

Jul 12, 2007

I am doing one myself for my 1st grade class this year. If you have the program Microsoft Publisher on your computer this program has templates that can help you get started. My brochure will include information about the school, my daily class schedule, what kinds of things we will learn throughout the course of the year. The appropriate dress code that students have to follow, our school's class motto, my goals for my students and of course a little about myself. It's pretty much basic and to the point.

6. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 13, 2007

MS Publisher should have everything you need. I've used it before and I really like it.

I don't recommend using VistaPrint if you have to pay for it. It seems silly to spend money on a brochure that you can print up yourself or through your school's graphics department for free.

7. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jul 13, 2007

There is a website you can do it for free on and add pictures.
    Brochure Maker

8. Bear5

Bear5 Rookie

Jul 13, 2007

Thanks to each of you for your ideas.
    Have a great new school year!