Need Help! Runaway Gingerbread!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by scholarteacher, Nov 19, 2009.

1. scholarteacher

scholarteacher Connoisseur

Nov 19, 2009

Please help, as you all did so wonderfully last year! My kindergarteners made gingergread men (and ladies!) and they have run away, just like in the book! We need your help in finding them! Please send me a posting, or a PM to get my email and/or snail mail address, and let us know when you see one of our gingerbread people! We want to hear from all the states and countries possible, and learn about your area as our gingerbread people travel the globe!
    Examples: last year a chaplain in Iraq saw one of our little guys as the troops were on their morning run, one FL teacher saw one playing football with Tim Tebow, and one was spotted on the Golden Gate Bridge! The sky is the limit! If you can, please pass our request on to friends and family! Thank you for helping my kindergarteners and their little gingerbread friends! :)

3. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Nov 19, 2009

I love this, every year! I think I just spotted a gingerbread man, but I'll report on what he was doing later!

4. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Nov 19, 2009

The town I live in is the home base of the Blue Angels Navy Flight Demonstration Squadron. We also have a National Aviation Museum considered to be the world's largest aviation museum. I have enclosed a link to the museum and if you look really closely, you can see one of your gingerbread men sitting in one of the antique airplanes on display. Of course, I have noticed that when I look specifically for him, he hides in the cockpit. So, you have to pretend that you aren't looking and, sometimes, he will pop up for a second.

http://www.navalaviationmuseum.org/AboutMuseum.aspx

5. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Nov 19, 2009

The Ontario Soccer Centre has become my second home now that my daughter is training with the provincial team. Imagine my surprise to see a gingerbread man running alongside the girls as they started their warm-up!

6. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Nov 19, 2009

I took the boys to the World of Coca Cola museum recently. I thought I saw one of of those sneaky little guys hiding behind the "cokes around the world" soda fountain, but I wasn't sure they would have escaped so early.

7. scholarteacher

Nov 20, 2009

Thank you! Keep us posted!

8. scholarteacher

Nov 20, 2009

Oh my goodness! How cool! Wonder if he knows how to fly that plane! Thanks so much for the news! And thanks for the link! If you see that sneaky rascal again, please send him home! Thanks again for the news, and Happy Holidays! From Ms. B's class

9. scholarteacher

Nov 20, 2009

Wow! Wonder if he can play soccer! Thanks for the awesome sighting! If you see him again, please sent him home! Thanks again!

10. scholarteacher

Nov 20, 2009

Sounds like Atlanta! I'm sure that was one of our guys! Thanks for the news! If you see him again, please tell him to stock up on Coca Cola and come home! Thanks again!

11. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

Nov 20, 2009

How cute!! I love that idea!! Kids love use there imagination. I think this is great and so fun!!

12. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Nov 20, 2009

I saw one of those gingerbread men hopping on the bus with the Nebraska Cornhusker football players! They are traveling to Manhattan, Kansas, to play a very important game against Kansas State. Here in Nebraska, football is a big source of state pride! I saw him sitting in the same seat as Ndamukong Suh, our 6'4, 300 lbs defensive lineman! I hope he doesn't get squished!

13. scholarteacher

Nov 20, 2009

Thanks! We had a blast last year and learned literacy, math, and social studies--and science, too, I guess, since they learned about the weather in the different places! We had a HUGE bulletin board! The whole think started out small and snowballed!

14. scholarteacher

Nov 20, 2009

You don't know how much we love that siting! Our teacher is from Kansas and wanted to go to KState! And she is a major football freak! Yeah, tell him not to get squished! And tell him to head for home! Thanks so much for the news! Best of luck to the Huskers in the game!

15. Mrs.DLC

Mrs.DLC Comrade

Nov 20, 2009

Now I know what I saw riding on that alligator's back in Lake Okeechobee!! I am hoping that he didn't get too wet.

16. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Nov 20, 2009

Geesh, those little guys move fast. My sister just called to tell me she saw him hiking up Kenesaw Mountian in Marietta, Ga. I guess he was catching up on his civil war history.

http://www.nps.gov/kemo/index.htm

17. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Nov 20, 2009

I saw one of those little stinkers running across the football field at War Memorial Stadium in Lttle Rock, Arkansas! He recovered a fumble and ran in for a touch down.

18. iluvteachin

iluvteachin Rookie

Nov 20, 2009

I could have sworn I saw one running down the Battle Road in Lexington (MA) where Paul Revere made his ride this afternoon on my way home!

19. dr.gator

dr.gator Comrade

Nov 20, 2009

Hoot Owl...after he picked up that fumble, he hopped on the bus and came to Gainesville to watch Caleb Sturgis kick the winning field goal to beat those Razorbacks! Of course he was on the side line standing next to our wonderful head coach Urban Meyer. I do believe I saw him giving Caleb some words of encouragement before he went in to kick that field goal. No better thing than to encourage a friend.

I just know he'll run through Gainesville the next two weekends and Atlanta at the championship game in three weekends to watch those Gators play Florida International, Florida State, and the University of Alabama! Go Gators! The number one team in the nation that has the coolest Christian under helm at quarterback! Tim Tebow is the best role model a kid could ever meet.

20. tgim

tgim Habitué

Nov 20, 2009

I think those Gingerbread Men just came through southern Indiana - maybe they were headed for Santa Claus, IN...looking for the big guy in the red suit!

21. SpecSub

SpecSub Comrade

Nov 21, 2009

They detoured to Washington, DC!

I spotted one of your gingerbread men taking pictures of President Obama on the White House lawn this morning!

22. hernandoreading

hernandoreading Comrade

Nov 21, 2009

I know you already have Florida, but that little gingerbread man made a pit stop to swim with some manatees in the Weeki Wachee, too!

23. scholarteacher

Nov 21, 2009

We're just hoping he didn't jump up on that alligator's nose to stay dry! Thanks for the info!

24. scholarteacher

Nov 21, 2009

Little guy must have thought he was a Razorback! Thanks for the awesome report!

25. scholarteacher

Nov 21, 2009

Oh my goodness! The Gingerbread are coming! The gingerbread are coming! Thanks for taking the time to let us know!

26. scholarteacher

Nov 21, 2009

Maybe they will get tired of hiking and come home! Thanks for letting us know! You "rock"!

27. scholarteacher

Nov 21, 2009

Yeah, our teacher loves the Tennessee Vols (as you already know very well!), but she also loves Tebow! He's awesome! Seems like one of our little guys played football with him last year, too! They're glad to help as long as the Gators are not playing the Vols! Thanks for the awesome report, and stay in touch!

28. scholarteacher

Nov 21, 2009

Code:

How appropriate! If you see them again, please tell them to help Santa out for a while, and then come home! Thanks for letting us know!

29. scholarteacher

Nov 21, 2009

Oooo, what a cool sighting! Thanks for letting us know! If you see them again, please tell them to hop on Air Force One and come home! Thanks again!

30. Chrissteeena

Chrissteeena Companion

Nov 21, 2009

(Another Florida) I saw the gingerbread leaving Raymond James Stadium after USF beat Louisville this afternoon. He was cheering on USF @ their homecoming game!!! Go Bulls! =)

31. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Nov 21, 2009

I saw one here in southern Indiana. He was helping a local farmer harvest the last of his crops, just in time for Thanksgiving. I think he even got to drive the combine! I'm sure he'll head back home after everything is out of the fields.

32. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Nov 21, 2009

OK, so I'm a little embarassed, but I was thinking the Husker game was in Kansas this week. It's not, it's in Lincoln. Good thing the gingerbread man knew that! He watched the game from Larry the Cable Guy's skybox!

33. scholarteacher

Nov 23, 2009

Our little people seem to like the sunny skies of Florida! And football! Glad your team won! Hey, if you see our little rascals again, please tell them to head for North Carolina! Thanks! We appreciate your help!

34. scholarteacher

Nov 23, 2009

Good! We hope he'll be back soon! Thanks so much for the info!

35. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Nov 23, 2009

36. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Nov 23, 2009

I was geocaching at one of the highway rest stops heading north out of FL. One of your little people helped me find my cache. I thanked him and then told him to hurry on home and try to get there before Thanksgiving.

37. agsrule!

agsrule! Companion

Nov 25, 2009

I saw one of your gingerbread men earlier today! I was on my way home from a doctor's appointment, and as I drove past NASA in Houston, I spotted him waving at the cars from the very tippy top of the rocket! He sure was high up there.

38. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

Nov 25, 2009

I saw one of the gingerbread men carrying the Olympic torch through Saint John, New Brunswick! I'm pretty sure he passed it off to the main Saint John torchbearer, Debbie Cooper of the Boys and Girls Club just before the torch's arrival at the Marco Polo Cruise Ship terminal for a night of partying! I tried to catch him, but he was running fast for cover... rain is ok for us humans, but nobody likes a soggy cookie!

39. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Nov 26, 2009

I spotted him last night in Manhattan, watching as the balloons were being blown up for Macys Thanksgiving Day parade!! He was one of the many people there, marveling as flat pieces of rubbery stuff magically transformed into huge magical balloons, to float over the city today. I think he was particularly proud to see that the Pillsbury Dough Boy would be joining the parade today; he mentioned something about planning to be one of the "holders" who walk the parade route with the balloon tethers in their hands.

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyl...parade_new_mega_balloons_get_set_to_soar.html

40. moonbeamsinajar

moonbeamsinajar Habitué

Nov 26, 2009

I think I saw a gingerbread man lurking behind the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia, Pa! Later, I spied a gingerbread lady outside the Betsy Ross house! She ran away when she saw me looking at her! Do you think they were the ones your class made?

41. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

Nov 28, 2009

Thanksgiving morning I walked in the Dana Point Turkey Trot in Dana Point, California. I spotted a Gingerbread Boy at the front of the pack. He was running along the shores of Dana Point Harbor. I tried to take a picture, but he was too fast!

www.turkeytrot.com