Need Help--Resource File

Discussion in 'Special Education Archives' started by JennaLove2Teach, Sep 28, 2006.

1. JennaLove2Teach

JennaLove2Teach Rookie

Sep 28, 2006

I hope no one minds but I'm posting this in a couple places. Ok, for my preschool special education class we have to make a resource file. We have 10 different areas and we have to find 10 instructional strategies for each area, each instructional are has to have a least 2 exceptionalities considered. Anyone confused yet? lol so basically I have to have 100 activities I could use with special needs preschoolers, 10 each in the following categories: SENSE OF SELF, RESPONSIBILITY FOR SELF AND OTHERS, PROSOCIAL BEHAVIOR, GROSS MOTOR, FINE MOTOR, LEARNING AND PROBLEM SOLVING, LOGICAL THINKING, REPRESENTATION AND SYMBOLIC THINKING, LISTENING AND SPEAKING, AND READING AND WRITING. I have to have the 100 activities plus I'm suppose to bring any supplies I can use for them, which could get expensive so I'm looking for fairly simple ideas..but I need all the help you guys can give me..from activities to websites to anything! Thanks

3. ellen_a

ellen_a Groupie

Sep 28, 2006

Hi Jenna.

Have you looked at The Mailbox magazine at all? Many of their games would probably be appropriate for some of the categories, and require very few supplies. Also, many public libraries actually have copies of The Mailbox Yearbook (which is sort of a best-of the year collection) so you wouldn't necessarily need to invest in a subscription. That's where I would start looking first.

PS: You do not need to cross-post your topic as most of the "regulars" use the "View Post" feature and hop between the various forums this way.