Need Help Getting Students Organized

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by free2teach, Jul 24, 2007.

1. free2teach

free2teach Rookie

Jul 24, 2007

Hello Everyone!
    I teach 5th grade math. I need to find a way to organize my students' work -- get my students organizedand was hoping that ya'll could let me know what you are using. I plan to require them to use a spiral notebook to put their daily warm up in. (Using 1 page per day and requiring them to use fromt and back). I was going to use pocket forlers to put their class work/handouts in. This plan just doesn't seem to cover all the bases. Last wear my kids were sooo unorganized and I'm hoping to avoid that this year. By the way -- I teach math only but 3 different classes.

3. aya

aya Rookie

Jul 24, 2007

Try requiring a specific color of folder/spiral note book for each class...that will help you out. I am very visual so separating by color works wonders for me and I find that it helps the kids out too. I also distinguish assignments by color (I have access to colored copy paper). For example, my tests are always on lavender, my homework is always on blue, my worksheets are always on yellow. It makes it easier for kids to find what they are searching for when they know what color it should be. Hope this helps!