Need help from wonderful teachers!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by runnerss, Jun 15, 2009.

1. runnerss

runnerss Comrade

Jun 15, 2009

So...my math website is coming along nicely. It will take me all summer to complete. Right now, my friend, who is a graphic designer, is creating me a logo. I wanted to create a website for teachers that included practical resources that are easy to put together and fun. Most of the resources on this site are created by myself. For the few that are not, I give full credit to the teacher who shared the ideas with me. I am actually on my way to the school to save my files as PDFs so that I can put more up on the website. I am not even close to putting up all of my resources.

Here are my questions.
    For those who teach math ( any grade level) , what are some activities that you would like to see on a website? Music, Fluency, etc?

What kind of organization would you like to see? Math binders, game organization, etc.

What kind of concepts would you like to see activities on? Measurement, Geometry, etc?

Anything else that you look for on websites but can't seem to find?

3. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jun 15, 2009

It is awesome you are asking for input :)

I am always looking for games or more of a brain teazer type printable- something fun but challenging.
    Measurement is usually very hard to find things on. I also use a lot of geometry and fraction things.

NC requires their 5th graders to convert from metric to customary and vice versa. There is nothing on the web for that. So, if anyone ever has any ideas for that nearly impossible concept, please share with me!

4. runnerss

runnerss Comrade

Jun 15, 2009

I am actually working on some critical thinking activities right now.
    Thank you for your input. :)

Anyone else?!!! This will really help me to know what teachers would like to see more of.

5. sevenplus

sevenplus Connoisseur

Jun 15, 2009

I don't know if this is within the scope of what you are doing, but I'd love some more primary-level online math games for students!

6. Jungle

Jungle Companion

Jun 15, 2009

I would love to find a place where I could create my own multiplication and division worksheets that gives lots of choices about what to print. Choices like how many problems I would like and what numbers to choose. I know that this is on some other sites, but a lot of them are really limited in the choices they offer.

I would also like to find some activities about slides, turns, flips, etc...

Thank you so much! I can't wait to check out your website!

7. snickydog

snickydog Groupie

Jun 15, 2009

I would love to see primary-level math extended response ideas!

8. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Jun 16, 2009

I would love to see brain teasers, puzzles, critical thinking activities that can be printed out for young children. I teach first, and always have a few advanced kids who finish all work quickly. I like to put together math folders with these types of pages to work on.

But it is hard to find much of this at first grade level. They need to have simple directions, but have challenging work. Like Sudoku, on a first grade level.

I like to put the folders together with increasing difficulty. Students are allowed to get their math folders if they finish their work early or have free time. I check them about 2x a week to see how they are doing. They usually go crazy over these, but I have had to pull pages from several different puzzle type books and it would be wonderful to have it all online!

Be sure to let us know how to find you!